Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:34pm
The ambassy call my husband today and leave a message to call back tomorrow..... I think I will get some trouble to sleep tonight... I give you news tomorrow night girls !!! If it is for an interview I will be in Cuba with him I thing it is great news !!!
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
babycakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:47am
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My prayers are with you. Believe that all will go well and he will have the visa in his hands.xo
BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:37am
Haaaaa gracias Babycakes !!! I hope so like I never wanted something in my life... I give news as soon as I talk to my husband tonight, and you ? any news from the embassy ? Did they finally leave you in peace with your phonebills ????
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
babycakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:09am
no news from embassy. I left a message with my MP asking for some support and for them to inquire about our file. I have not heard back. Embassy  has not asked for anything else or contacted us. I am dying....this is a real test of patience.....and so much more!!! I just returned from one week of visiting my husband and it gets harder and harder leaving him at the airport. He is stressed BUT we both are optimistic and staying positive.
BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:12am
I know I am going next week for  15 days and I am really praying for my last trip to Cuba, I really hope that the next plane ticket will be for my man...! I am really confuse now because I know that when I will call my husband later I will know if they ask him to bring his passport or not and if is is not.. I will be very very  stressed and so sad... I know you already live all that crazy experience once in your life, it was with Havana ?

Let's stay in touch...
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
babycakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:27am

I was approved as sponsor in September and our file was sent to havana and opened in October. Approx. one month later Havana contacted my husband and asked for more copies of phone bills, photos of his children, and a letter stating that he has never left the country in the past (don't they know that!)....they claimed that when he worked as a security guard 10 years ago that the company often sends their workers away for training BUT he has never gone anywhere!!!I was very careful with submitting all my documents and ensuring we had everything. I had an immigration lawyer review our package.....I photocopied everything and there were no missing phone bills, photos or anything. When I called immigration in Mississauga in September to enquire if I was approved as sponsor and they told me yes.....I asked them what does this all mean....and they stated that it ensures that everything was intact with the package and there was nothing missing so the package was sent to Havana....BUT they told me that the Embassy in Havana can request whatever they want to ensure that they have sufficent evidence when making their decision!!! This is Cuba and I am not surprized.....and I am sure that this has delayed our process and added weeks to our waiting BUT...all we can do is pray!!!!!!

BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:31am
I do not knwo what to think... they never ever ask for nothing and now I have the feeling it is for the interview.. I do not know but I know this is the last straigt.....I am happy of it but I am very stressed too...
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 11:26am
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11"> NIKIMA:  I am so glad that you found us.  I have wondered several times, how you were doing, and how your 'process' was unfolding.  That is fantastic that you have found a way, (to work through the usual process), of your husband NOT having to wait, until July.  I am thrilled for you and your husband!  You are in the long stretch, for sure.  You had mentioned some of your own health concerns, I hope you are alright?  Feel like sharing with us?  I know it's such a hassle for the husbands that do not live in (or near) to Havana, with trying to secure rides...taking time off work, the expense, etc.  I really lucked out, with my husband living in Havana.  Please keep us posted, as you find out more developments.  Very soon my dear, very soon indeed!

SALSAJ:  Yeah, Yeah, Yeah and one more Yeah!  I can't wait to here, from you, when your husband's appointment (interview?) will be scheduled for.  And, yes, it certainly does seem like you will be there, with him, for the process...which is just great!  I appointed myself as my husband's Representative, on our original CIC application, but, I am unsure of something?  Does that mean that they will contact me, (as his Representative), whenever they are ready to make 'the call' to him, or, will they call him directly?  I have been having some concerns that (perhaps) the Embassy has tried to call (his home) when everyone is at work?!  Does anyone know that IF you are the Representative, does ALL communication (including the call from the Embassy), first, come to me, as this REP.?  Havana has now had our file for over 3 months!!!  No requests (from them) for anything further, or additional? That's 4 and 1/2 months, since I sent in the application to CIC.  We have got to be pretty darn close, to our file 'coming up'?

BABYCAKES:  How wonderful that you were just able to spend some time with your husband.  Yes, each trip, makes it harder to say Goodbye.  I haven't seen my husband, since June 29...and the torture is truly becoming unbearable.  He is trying to keep his spirits up, but, I can 'hear it' in his emails, that he is starting to feel down and completely frustrated, with this long, long wait.  His mother 'has a sense' that he will hear from the Embassy next week, so, let's hope, she is (indeed) psychic!!!  It was really hard to go through Christmas (without my dad), and not having Joel here.  I really had hoped that he would have been here for Christmas.  He was so pumped to be able to experience a North American Christmas….or a 'real Christmas', as he says. 

ESQUIVEL:  I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, with it being your hubbie's first Canadian Christmas. Keep us posted, as to how life is going for you, and your husband's adjustments.  How is his English coming along?  Are you finding his classes to be a real benefit to him, (and you, of course!). Did you access the LINC (Language Instruction to new Canadians), that Immigration offers for free?  Has your husband been able to find enough work...or, is it still (a little) on and off?  The economy has affected so many different areas; it makes it that much more of a challenge.  I know (often, usually?), B.C. takes the hit of an economic downturn, a little harder, than does Alberta, so that (certainly) doesn't help, if that is the case?

I have started to embark on some DIY (Do It Yourself) household projects that I have been putting off, for a long, long time.  Of course, as with most DIY projects, (or probably any household projects in general), you think it is just going to take 'this' to complete it, but, you end up finding 'this, that, and that'...and your timeline, gets shot all to hell.   Putting up a simple curtain rod, has turned into, needing to fill the old holes, mudding, sanding and, then painting the entire freekin wall!!!  (An hour job, has turned into a 2 day job!)  The fabric I had bought for my curtains, ended up being too flimsy, and not hanging very nicely, so, now, I have to line them, before they will be ready, to put up.  It's always something, isn't it?  I'm glad to have all of these projects to keep me busy, but, (quite frankly) a little overwhelmed, by all of the 'extras', that I had not anticipated. Of course, I always have the option of waiting, until my husband arrives, and getting him to help, but, it would be nice to have this all completed, before he arrives.  We'll see...I am not going to sweat...too much more...over this.  My son has moved in and out, (I think 5 times??), in the past 3 years, and as a result...just when I think I am getting my spare bedroom back (which is actually my jewelry making studio), and get it all 'set up', he has moved back in...and so, I have to dis-assemble everything.  In many ways, it's like I have moved 5 times, in the past 3 years, as I am have been in  a perpetual state of setting up, or tearing down...something, always.  So, I am starting from square one, in our spare bedroom, re-configuring our storage room (I had to build my own wall--yes, a wall, I am so proud!),  as well as organizing all the items, that have been tucked away, (for the last few years) to have made room for my son's stuff.  So, it's a matter of moving everything over to 'here' (to figure out if I am going to use it, or chuck/re-cycle it?).....then, realizing that I should really patch and paint the walls, (as I go).  Oh Vay!!  All of my procrastination, has indeed, caught up with me...in this process.

It's always great to hear any news, from your gals!!! Keep it coming.

I hope everyone (and their families) are doing well.  
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:15pm

WEDNESDAY THE 27TH OF JANUARY AT THE EMBASSY !!! WITH HIS PASSPORT AND HIS PICTURES FOR THE VISA!!!!!!

Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 12:20pm
Sorry for my big letters pero estoy completemente loca !! We will get it girls ! Let's keep in touch ! Have a good day and thanks to always be there for me ....
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 32>
  Share Topic