Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 2:17pm
Hello All!
Sorry but I have been off sick.....Havana requested copies of my husband's phonebills as they stated that my rogers phone bills did not show his number (bullsh*t!) of course they did.....I speak with my husband daily on the phone....so he had to bring them his phone call history from cubacel.....
I am frustrated....I know others that others sent in apllications around the same time as me and they have received their visa. This waiting is killing me!!!
Please let me know where others are at and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
BABY CAKES
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 10:09pm
Babycakes:

"Started processing in Havana October 21st".  I know the wait is absolute torture, but, most applications will be in Havana for atleast 3 months, more than likely 4-5 months.  Every once and a while, one or two, do get processed quicker than that, but, they are the exception.  I was totally shocked when I had seen Nikima and Sita1976's files get processed so quickly.  Trust me,t hey are the exception.  From the different sites that I have been on, about 4 months seems to be the average time that a file gets processed in Havana.  IF you think there is anything that you may not have included in your original application, get it and get it to the Embassy in Havana pronto.  From the timelines that I have followed, it's the delays that really make it torture.  So hang in there....as my husband says to me: "Think like a Cuban"..patient...patinet...patinet.  It's a tall order, one that I am not used to, and one which I have very little practice.  But, I am learning...it has been 165 days since I have even SEEN my husband!!!!!!!!!!  I have (am) going through different levels of insanity, some days bareable, some not.  I just keep my eye on the prize, which to me, is my wonderful husband. 
Hang in there sweetie!
babycakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:46am
thanks so much bellacini!Yes the waiting has been difficult BUT as you said keep an eye on the prize which is what we are doing. I am thinking of contacting my MP's office in the New-Year....just to find out if there are any notes on our file. I sponsored my previous husband 18 years ago and that seem to really help us when I contacted our MP....it gave us at least some news....it did not speed up the process but it was wonderful to hear something. I cannot thank-you enough for your support!
BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:13am
Amigas ...Christmas is coming soon.. I know that everyone of us were dreaming for the miracle to have our husband with us for this particular moment of the year... Maybe god do not want to send our husband in too much cold ???;) Anyway, I have the feeling now that we have going to wait for 2010 for the visas... Let's keep in touch please, I need your support, I am soooooooo tired of this waiting game. I know from the start that the average of visa's waiting is 5 months-6 months... but .... I have wish so hard for a 2 months waiting.... besos para todo!
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:33am
Good morning Cuban sisters:

I hope everyone is doing well.  As always, I am ever so curious to hear about the adventures of those of you, whose husbands are already by your sides, and for whom this Christmas will be their first in Canada.  I am sure there are many wide-eyed Cubans, observing all of the decorations, lights and hustle and bustle around Christmas.  A beautiful Christmas to all of you; those with their spouses, and the rest of us, still waiting.

I have been emailing a member , from this forum, and I completely forgot that my husband already has his Liberation Letter, from his Ministry?  I had been wondering how long it would be, before we received his Liberation Letter (???), and had completely forgotten that he has had his Letter, for months...as he has already pre-applied for his PRE. I really am losing my mind.  I must say, that after not seeing my husband (since our wedding in June)...176 days  (but, who's counting?!)..I am starting to feel as if 'it' all was a dream.  When I left Cuba on June 29, I had every intention of returning in November, and 'waiting it out' with my husband.  At that point in time, I simply could not imagine how I could bare waiting for 4 months, before seeing my husband again.  My father feel ill, and the last few months have been a complete blur, and I simply cannot fathom, that it has been (almost) 6 months, since I have seen him.  It's not necessary for me to expalin the absolute and utter angst, that I am feeling, without him by my side, and no 'real' plans on when I will see him again. 

Application submitted to CIC:  August 18, 2009
Sponsorship approved:  Sept. 15, 2009
Started processing in Havana:  Sept. 30, 2009

I have made 2 calls to my MP, to see if she was able to find out anything, that we were unaware of.  The first call, just determined that the file was there.  The second call, (around the beginning of December) she told me that there were absolutely no notes on our file, which she said, was a good thing, as it (presumably) indicated that our file was complete, as there were no requests for anything.  She said that IF we had not heard anything by January 18, 2010, to call her back.  This would (officially) be the 5 month mark (since our file was submitted), at which point, she 'should' be able to get them to determine a "Bring Forward Date...which (essentially) is a date, by which they must 'deal' with the file'. She said that the average processing time is between 5-7 months, and not until the 5 month mark, would they be willing to 'do' anything?

Husband went to Embassy in Havana: Dec. 14, 2009 ("Hello, I am still here!"  Told by Embassy staff--after they had accessed his file--"Everything is fine, it's all good, you just have to wait").

Knowing that our file is there, (presumably) complete, since they have not requested anything further, is (of course) sheer torture.  Our files are on someone's desk, in the Embassy...PLEASE PICK UP OUR FILES AND PHONE OUR HUSBANDS!!!!!  I guess this is where one is really able to practise faith and lots and lots of patience. (I'm getting really tired of all of this).  We are so close that I can taste it, yet, it still may be drawn out until our "DND" date of March 18, 2010, if they really want to. Yuck!

I would love to hear from others here, to 'see' where they are at?  Blessings to everyone...and here's hoping that more reunions are right around the corner!
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 1:35pm
hola Bellacini, I really do not know how comes your husband gets his liberation lettre from the ministerio he is still working... It sound very strange to me...  And the really first time I heard about it believe me.  You can pre apply for the pre without your liberation letter I think.  A cuban must have to leave his job to having that king of letter.. Please check this to be sure !
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 2:50pm
Dear Salsaj and others:

I do not know the 'why's' of the circumstances, but, I do know, that there are some Cubans that are able to continue working, AFTER they have requested (and received) their Liberation Letters, from (both) their employers and their related Ministerio?  Some situations have the Liberation letters sent directly to the Immigration offices, and some to the applicant, directly.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason, (that I have been able to determine), all I know, is that it can (and does) happen.  Not all Cubans (necessarily) have to have stopped working, for the Liberation letter to be issued.  I wish I knew why, so that I was able to give you information, which could help your husband's Liberation Letter along faster.  But, as I said, it seems to be random.  Typical Cuba, different rules and procedures, depending upon the circumstance, and (maybe) just the whim, of the person you have made the inquiry to?  I know it's difficult for me to accept something, if I cannot fully understand it.

It is correct, you must have your Liberation papers, BEFORE you can pre-apply for your PRE.  But, all Cubans do not necessarily have to have eft their jobs, in order to obtain the Liberation papers.  I know, it doesn't make any sense, but, it is how it (sometimes) happens.  Unfortunately, we (and our husbands) are at the mercy of whoever it is they are dealing with, and often the information is contrary. 

There are a number of posts on our old discussion board (PVE vs PRE), starting on Page 3, and continuing, on from there.  I know that Ms. Gomez's husband, was also able to continue working, and was able to have his Liberation Papers issued, while still working?  Perhaps, it is dependant upon the relationship the applicant has with their employer, perhaps it is relevant to the particular Ministerio, perhaps, it is nothing more than dumb luck.  All I know (for sure) is that my husband requested his Liberation, (a few months ago), and actually has his Liberation papers in his home, (with him) ready to bring to the Immigration office, upon receiving his PR visa.  He has already shown the officers at the Immigration office, his Liberation papers, and so, they are fully aware of their existance.  I know it must be incredibly frustrating, when you are reading about other peoples' cases, which are processed differently.  I know it would drive me nuts.  I appreciate your concern, in making sure that I have verified everything, and that the situation is as I have indicated.  My husband assures me that he has his Liberation papers, in his home with him, (and that the Immigration office) is aware that he has them.

You had indicated (a while back) that your husband was told that it may take as long as 6 months to 1 and 1/2 years to obtain his Liberation Papers?  Am I remembering correctly? Was he ever given a reason for this?  If he has finished his job (in May?), why would it take so long for the Liberation papers to be completed?  That was 7 months ago already?  Is that (simply) how the procedure works, for his particular Ministerio, or were you given a specific reason?  I remember Nikima (I think), who had said that her husband's Minsterio (Education?) only released Liberation papers, in July?  Even that is (atleast) once a year.  Why would your husband's (possibly) take up to 1 and 1/2 years?   Is there anyone that your husband can go and speak with, to get more specific information?  Maybe, there is someone on this discussion board that has experienced something similar, and can help in your process?

I am praying (all the time) for all of pur husbands to be by our sides...sooooonnnn!!!!!  We have waited long enough and we are ready!!!

Hang in there, and keep in touch.

How was everyone's Christmas?  What was Christmas like for the new spouses?  I'm surte they were all pretty shocked to see how bif of a deal Christams can be, for some people in Canada?  I'd love to hear some updates.

Take care everyone.

salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
I course if my husband received his visa soon and not yet his liberation letter, he will have to speak with people and maybe pay for getting it faster but it should be all right now after 6 months of wait. In january we will go in Matanzas at the Immigration and go to check for that. We don't care to having an PRE or a PVE so we don't made the pre-application for the PRE.  I wish you a very nice and happy end of year Bellacini !
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 1:03pm
HAPPY 2010 TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

(I deeply believe in the power of prayer, especially when the prayer is amplified by many.  For those of you, that believe in the 'power of prayer', please join me......)

DEAR....  God/Allah/Buddha/Jehovah/(Olòrún, the divine creator and source of all energy)/Krishna/El Shaddai/Jesus/Satnam/Ishwar...and any and all deities that I have not listed.

-- Our prayers, wishes and desires (for each and everyone one of us--in the midst of this Sponsorship process), are simple, very specific and to the point:

1.  For each and every one of our spouses to receive 'the call', from the Canadian Embassy in Havana, (in the month of January 2010), for their 'appointments'.

2.  For each and every one of our spouses to receive their Permanent Resident visas, (in their passports), after said appointment.

3. For each and every one of our spouses, to experience a flawless and expeditious process, in receiving their PRE, or PVE, (whatever the method).

4.  For each and every one of our spouses, a wonderful flight from Cuba to Canada, in the month of January, 2010.

5. For each and every one of our spouses: a smooth, flawless and UNeventful journey through Immigration, at their respective border crossings. 

6.  For each and every one of us; a smooth and joy filled transition in truly beginning our lives together.

7.  For each and every one of us:  the commitment, hope, strength, courage, friendship, the strongest love, determination, patience, belief, fortitude,  empathy, sense of humor,  understanding and deep and abiding faith; in order for each of us to develop (and maintain) a strong, healthy, and life long, equal partnership, with our Cuban spouses.

8.  For each and every one of our "Cuban families"--(those remaining in Cuba): a huge dose of faith, peace and knowing, that their loved ones are doing well,  and basking in the comfort of that knowledge.

9.  MY PRAYER FOR OUR BELOVED CUBA: Expeditious changes towards an abundant, healthful, peaceful, justice filled (and long overdue) society and standard of living.

These are my prayers, desires and wishes; with the clearest and purest of intentions.

AMEN!!!!!
Nikima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 4:37pm
 Hello to all again.....
Sorry I have not logged on to the new form until now. I have been very busy as I work a lot. And my health has not been that great. I hope everyone had a great holiday season. I also hope that you have heard some good news from Havana. As for me, if everyone remembers my husband received his visa in November and it expires in March 2010. The problem is that in his work field being the education field they do not grant the liberation paper until July 21 every year. So we faced the problem of what we were going to do since his visa was going to expire before he would get his liberation paper. So he continued to talk to the people in charge of his work field and bug them. They finally said they would write the liberation paper as they would make an exception. This exception was made due to my health and the fact I might need surgery. My husband told them that I live alone and my parents live far away from me and I have no one to care for me. All of this being the truth. Now that being said that they will grant him the letter, they have not made it easy for him, nor has he finished getting all of the letters they require. They told him they would grant him his letter at the end of November. So to get the final liberation paper from the country he has had to get 2 letters from his boss and 2 other letters from people involved with the educational system in his school, one letter from the person in charge of education in his municipality, one letter from the person in charge of education for his province. (he just finished getting this letter, and he had to travel 4 hours to get it) Now he needs to travel to Havana to get we hope the last letter from the person in charge of all education in the country. He will travel there for next Monday (since they will only see these type of cases on Mondays) which will take him about 16 hours by bus, but as we all know trying to get transportation in Cuba is very hard. So when he went to Havana to get his visa it took him 2 days to get there. So once he gets his letter he will travel home and apply for his PRE which they said would take 1 to 30 days depending on how busy they are. He also just completed the paper work for his proof that he has served in the military which takes about 15 days.

So he it very optimistic about all of this and thinks he will be here by the end of January. I am not as optimistic as I have found I have gotten to excited many times and have been disappointed too many time. So I told him once he had his PRE and plane ticket in hand and I see him walking out of the doors in the Toronto airport I would be excited.

So how is everyone else's process going? I really hope everyone hears some good news soon. Also I hope people are not getting the run around like we have been getting. I am praying and hoping for everyone to have their loved ones here soon.

Also just a side note is there anyone one here that lives in the Toronto area? Just wondering as it would be nice to know that there are others around in the same area.

Hope everyone is well,

Nikima

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 32>
  Share Topic