Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:38pm
Opps, 15-20 days ;).....but perhaps a little earlier with a little something~something ;)
Married-Aug 17th~2009,Cuba
CIC-mailed March 8th~2010
CIC-mailed to Havana March 30th~2010
Havana-processing-April 14th~2010
Havana-Visa June 23rd~2010
Arrive in Canada-Aug 15th-2010
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:54pm
Hola amiga.  Felicidades para ti y tu esposo !!!!  My husband received his PVE at the Matanzas inmigracion office in 30 days. Some get it in 10 days, some the same day they ask for it. For the DL I am sorry i just gets infos in Québec..

Edited by salsaj - 17 Jun 2010 at 7:56pm
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:55pm
I see that Mississauge treated your file real fast. You were very lucky !
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:13pm
Well he has a friend that works out of the Matanzas Immigration Office, so hopefully he gets it sooner than later ;)
I am in Toronto....however Genry has not had his DL for a yr yet in Cuba. I believe it must be a yr before our Ministry of Transportation will issue them a DL here and skip some of the steps. If anyone else has had thier husband/wife come with a licence less than a yr old I would love to hear what the steps are that they had to take ;)

kdm
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:15pm
Yes, it got processed really fast in Mississauga ;) Had lots of proof and I packaged up my sponsorship with a 5 page Index for them to follow to make it easier.....I guess it worked! ;) Two mths in Havana and no interview......we are happy ;)
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 7:05am
Havane really is fast since a couple of months but the problem was in Mississauga, real real long !!!
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
tysgran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysgran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:14am
Hello everyone,

UPDATE:

My husband's Cuban drivers licence is more than one year old.  I do have it translated.  We have not yet been to the MTO because I am not sure that my husband can pass the written test yet for the G1.  With any cuban drivers licence of 12 months or more - they only thing that is given is that the MTO will waive the one year waiting period for the G2.  They can do that part immediately.  However, at that point I think that is the only concesssion as far as we were able to get out of them.

As for his PRE - he spoke with the people in Toronto this week.  They told him that he must appear in person in that office sometime before the PVE expires which is 3 months from issue date in our case nearing the end of August.  He must bring 2 passport photos and $12 and "register" in the Cuban consular office.  He can pay his $64 a month at that time for the 3 months - and he can pay for months ahead if he wants to.  They told him he does not need to apply again for his PRE since it is already in the process in Bayamo.  They will check on the status of his PRE in the Bayamo immigration office for him and when it is ready they will fax it - and send it to him and to Toronto.

It sounds to me as if this is a good thing as he will just have to wait for the lawyer in Bayamo to finish processing it for us.  I think that it is a game on their part to collect more money - ie the $64 each month on the PVE until the PRE is ready.

Anyway - we can only hope that we were given correct information and that it won't come  back to  bite us in the ass!

Richard was tested this week for his english levels and will start on-line instruction next week for his english levels!

We also attended a pot luck dinner and open house at the immigrant services office here this week and although there were no Cubanos there were a few people who were speaking spanish.

Baby Cakes:  I don't understand about the drivers licence - please explain to me again - the consular office here did what for you in the end?  What did it cost?  What did it get you at MTO?

Sorry I must be in a foggy state today as it didn't seem clear to me.

thanks

permanent residence status granted in Havana March 1/2010
arrived in Toronto May 26, 2010
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:20pm
Yes, I thought it was a 1 yr rule, so what I think we will do it wait out the one yr with his Cuban DL before we proceed with the MTO.
However; I have heard that with thier International drivers licence they can drive here for 90 days with no issues. They now provide Cuban's with an international DL when they pass in Cuba as I beleive before it was not. Does anyone know if that licence being International needs to be translated before he can drive for the 90 days? I believe so, but just making sure.

@ Salsaj- Yes, I have seen and heard it being a long wait there, I have had two recent friends go through the process, one took 2 1/2 mths and the other is still waiting and it has been about 40 days so far with no word. It really is a stressful process all together. the most stressful for us has been these last few days of knowing he is picking up his visa and stressing about recieving his PVE quick enough before his medical expires. The man at the Canadian Embassy (Cuban) has been really nice and good to us though, he called me here in Canada last week to let me know that Genry could pick up his visa but was concerned about his medical expiring. He has since then spoken to Genry on two other occassions about his concern and told him to come with his passport next Wed. We have been told he can get it quickly; however as we all know....this is Cuba...anything can happen! I think this must be a new process to contact the sponsor, I don't know anyone else that got a call here in Canada. Perhaps that is a new thing as when I was going through the sponsoship pkg with a friend of mine the other night, I noticed some changes and one is how much contact information they now require from the sponsor ie- sponsor's e-mail address. I guess they figure, they know they can reach us easier, even if it means with a vm box. I would guess many Cuban's have missed thier call or do not get to thier e-mail fast enough and miss appointments frequently. Anyway, I cross my fingers that my husband gets his PRE as sson as possbile so we can book his flight, and I can breath again ;)
Thanks ;)
kdmorales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdmorales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 12:57pm
Does anyone know where I can confirm that my husband can fly Air Canada?
I have heard over the years that it is either Air Canada or Cubana Airlines that a Cuban must leave on when leaving Cuba for the first time. Is there anywhere we can confirm this information?

Also, I have not seen much activity on this forum, perhaps someone knows of another forum that has more daily activity between others on Cuban husbands/wives and the journey of getting them home to us? Please let me know, would love to join ;)

Karen
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 3:17pm
You will fine very active group on Facebook !

Married (Mariés) to (à des) Cubanos ( in french ;)

Your husband can fly with Cubana de aviacion y Air Canada

Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
  Share Topic