Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cuban sisters re-unite!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm
Hola mis amigas:
Salsaj:  No, you were not dreaming, I did say that I might be able to go to Cuba in January (and wait with my hubbie), if we had still not heard from the Embassy.  Of course, I would rather be there (with him), than alone here (in the cold) alone.  However, with my father's passing, there has been a whole can of worms opened up. I just found out, that my parents had declared bankruptcy last year, and the small, small life insurance policy that my father had, may be taken by the bankruptcy trustee, and maybe my mother's CPP death benefit and her portion of his CPP pension??  This has come out of nowhere, completely changes everything, and has me scrambling for answers.  I don't see how they (the bankruptcy trustee) can take my mother's income, my lord, she has to live, but, I don't know the 'in's and out's' of the bankruptcy process.  At this moment in time, she will not have enough to pay her Janaury rent, and we have an appointment with the trustee next week.  Never mind, the freekin shock of finding out they had declared bankruptcy.  My head is spinning, to say the least.  I have 3 siblings; one that lives in Edmonton (and, is useless as tits on a nun), one that lives in Ottawa, and my sister , who lives in Greece.  For the past 20 years, I have been the only child that ever does anything (translation-everything) for my parents, and not one of them, has offerred to help(contribute)....with anything!! It is beyond my comprehension.  My sister is very rich, she owns a million euro property in the Beverly Hills of Atnes, has a summer home on the island of Mykonos...and nothing?!?!  My brother is a radio talk show host in Ottawa, makes about $100,000 a year...and nothing.  My brother , here, is a drunk and completely useless.  I live on a very modest disablity pension, yet, I am always the one to chip in.  It makes no sense, and I am feeling completely frustrated, by the entire situation.  Oh well, I just needed to vent, for a moment.

Yes, I was very pleased to have spoken with this woman from my MP's office.  Presumably, she was able to access the Caips notes, and I am thrilled to see there was nothing on the file...no news is good news.  All I can do is assume that; there not being any notes, indicates that they do not require anything further...and we are simply waiting for 'the call'.  Of course, assuming anything in this process, is probably not the wisest of decisions.  I have no way of knowing, if her inquiry, will 'put a fire under their butts', or if it was just an internal inquiry, without the Emabssy really being aware of it.  What I mean by that, is this:  if it were an inquiry from one Candian dept. to another Cdn. dept., Havana may not even be aware of the inquiry, thus, it really having no impact on how soon they process our file.  IF, however, the call was actually speaking with a human being at the Havana Embassy, it 'may' get the ball rolling...afterall, if they are not requesting anything further, then, "let's rock and roll" my friends.  Of course, sheer speculation on my part...(OOOPPPSSS!)...which can ultimitely contribute to my own personal state of insanity.  Of course, it is logical that IF they require nothing esle from us, they need simply to call my husband.  But, we have all spent enough time in Cuba, to know that it may not be the case, nor, does anything need to proceed logically.  Oh God, I am really driving my self crazy, aren't I???  Yes.  Like I said, I have been having a really strong 'feeling' (even before I made the call) that my husband would be receiving 'the call', (either) this week, or next?  It will be very interesting to see if that 'feeling' was justified...real.....authentic...or just...my wishing and hoping?

I need to breathe and have faith......Take good care my friends!!!!!!
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:45pm
I hope for you that your feeling was right you deserve it a lot after all happens in your life lately, (my god !)  I think it is your turn now for being happy and fast !!! Give us news if your husband received a call !!!
Our file sent to Havana 2009- sept 12
AOR received from Havana 2009- oct 04
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Landed in Québec 2010- 8 of march
Three years done !
babycakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm
Hello....I thought that I would join all of you....here are my timelines:
Received Mississauga: August 28, 2009
Sponsorship Approved: September 29, 2009
Start Processing in Havana October 21, 2009
Hubby received call November 04, 2009: Document request for new phone bills
WAITING!!!!!!
DND-April 2010
BABY CAKES
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:38pm
Hola babycakes !  Nice to have you here, you mean they request new phone bills for the period after you send your files to Mississauga ? Thanks to inform me ...
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
Welcome Babycakes!!!!  I too am curious (like Salsaj)....were they asking your husband for phone bills, since you sent in your application?  Or, was it just for phone bills, that they want to have in your file, (that, presumably were missing?). 

Question to all:  I have sent all of the copies of our emails/phone bills, etc (Since our application date--to CIC--- of August 18th), to Havana for my husband.  I am thinking of asking my husband to bring them directly to the Embassy, so that they have them (in their hot little hands), and are 'reminded' of our file.  Rather than, simply wait (passively) for someone/somewhere to call my husband?!  As I have indicated before, (after speaking with my Member of Parliament), our file does not appear to have any 'notes', which (both, my MP and I, think...) means that there is nothing further that they require?  And, so, I am of the mind, that bringing all of these (up to date) copies, will really 'complete' the file, and get someone (hopefully?) to look at (and act on) our file?  IF there are no 'notes' on our file....(assuming that indicates that our file is complete?), then, 'it' --- our file --- is simply sitting on someone's desk?   I know, I have said before that speculating is neither useful, or healthy...yet, here I am doing it again?!  But, seriously...since we have received no communication, (asking for further documentation or clarification), I think, (I am fairly safe in assuming)...that...our file...is just laying somewhere...and, (by bringing in all of the updated information), it 'should' get someone/somewhere...to look at, and process (CALL MY HUSBAND!!).  Our file has been at the Embassy since Sept. 23rd...I have seen others' husband receive their visas (well within our timeframe)....entonces....'they' need a reminder.  Even in Cuban terms, I cannot see it doing any harm, and only 'reminding' them, that we are here...we have submitted all that requires...and, to give my husband his freekin visa!!! 

Thoughts...comments.....?????
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:08pm

I tell you what I think Bellacini. When we were at the embassy in october for asking for the visitor visa for my husband, we bring all new proofs ( tel bills, emails plane tickets ) and the woman there said we have to received news from them before to give them anything else that we sent with the main application. So we bring all evidences back at home with us ... The only thing they told us , was to bring on the next visit of my husband at the embassy, 4 pictures for the visa ( they are different that the application sponcering format).  So ... I hope it helps you a little.  I really don't know how they work in that office and god, I really would like to know !!!

Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
esquivel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esquivel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 1:49pm
okay girls listen up

this is what the embassy looks for

after the files arrive they go through all your paper work photos phone bills visits places you have been together. hotels or homes you have stayed in together. Basically they are what they are looking for is that you act live eat and breath like a married couple.
People that have met you for example his family his freinds his co-workers. People that have had the chance to meet for example your family or friends etc. I was lucky my daughter came with me the first trip so she had met him. Two of my best freinds met my husband at my wedding in Cuba as did their boyfriends. Then a few of my other freinds went on Vacation to Varadero. So my husband met up with them while they were there and took pictures with them I sent in pictures of me with them from Canada, so see what im getting at? here is me with my friends her is my husband again with my friend blah blah blah. Big smile 

If, yes if they need any additional information then they will call your husband and ask him to bring that with him the day of his interview or daythey schedule him to come and pick up his Visa. Basically this information is anything that you have not given them in your initial package the one they receive in Havana. Plus they want to see if after your package was submitted if you have continued your relationship or not. Thats why any updates are important. I f you are unable to get back to Cuba to gve these documents to you husband then you can always fax them to the embassy they will add them to your file that way. That is what I did. I took some down with me from February then I went back in May and those photos from May after they had been developed were faxed into the embassy along with the hotel we stayed at etc etc. Hope I am making sence here? Tongue

On the other hand if they do not need any additional information you probably will not hear anything back from them untill the day they ccontact your husband to come to Havana. At that point he will be asked to bring his passport with him to the embassy.Big smile

In the interview they asked my husband the names of my children how old they are. They asked him what I did for work, when and where we met, who proposed to who. That was it.
He said it was very easy and his interview was done in Spanish so he did not need a translator at all like they mention in the paper work. Smile

I actually sent him a list of questions that they may possibly ask him which I downloaded off of the from the internet. I completed all the questions and then I filled ou tthe answers for him in Spanish of course and English as well. He didnt need them after all but it was good for him to be will prepared.

After the interview is completed they ask them to hand in their passports and then they have to leave the embassy for 2-3 hours they are then told to come back at which time they are given their Visa's.
That time is the most stressful because I knew he had the interview he called me right after but then he told me he staill did not have his Visa my heart dropped. I asked how the interview went he said fine. Then why dont you have the Visa? I dont know he said I have to come back in 2-3 hours. Omg !!! YOU GO NUTSO waiting let me tell you that. After he returend to the embassy he was called into a room and given all his paper work back all the photos, phone bills everything that you send into the embassy and he was handed his Visa. WOO HOO HOO!LOL

The next step then for them is to return home and go get their PRE put into their passports. If they have pre applied that helps as it only takes a few extra days. They also have to remove themsleves of of the ration book and they have to hand in the ID cards. At the embassy when handing in their passports to affix the PRE they muct bring with them the airline ticket or E-ticket showing date of travel to Canada. The airline they must fly on is eith Air Canada or Cubanna NO other ailrien is accepted. They do not have to fly out of Havana only it can be any airport across Cuba.  Then badda bing badda boom they are or their way to be with us Clap

Hope this helps a little bit

oh Bellacini money from husband all sorted if you know what I meanClap

Esquivel
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 4:02pm
Salsaj and Esquivel:

To you both; a big old THANK YOU.  It is always so helpful to have 'first hand information', regarding the "who's/what's and where's".  Especially, knowing that Salsaj had actually brought in this same information...and they said, to wait until the Embassy calls her husband.  There is my answer right there!  I had forgotten that Esquivel's husband received his visa, just a few hours after his interview.  For some reason, I was thinking that IF there was an interview, it took a few weeks to get an actual answer.  So, this is all good information.  I too have emailed my husband a long list of potential questions, asked in an interview.    

I think I am just having a seriously long anxiety attack, now that all of the events (of the last few months, with my dad), are done...and, I have all of this 'extra time', and, I am alone (with my thoughts)...and the torture of 'the wait'.  But, as Esquivel has told us all...it is all worth the wait...to be able to have our husbands next to us....whenever it is.

I am hoping that Nikima and Sita1976 find us here.  I'm wondering if Sita1976 has had her baby, and if everything is all lining up, for her husband to come to Canada. 

We have had a sh*tload of snow here (in Edmonton)...the roads are crazy...how I am longing for Havana!!!!

So, once again, my appreciation to my Cuban sisters!
salsaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:50am
Buen dia Bellacini, after an interview some have their visas, some don't. I know a woman in Montréal, her husband did have his interview in august, an they give him his visa in november ( crazy waiting !) after she called her MP...! could you believe this ??? But the good news is that now she have her husband with her at home for christmas...
Visa 2010- 28 of january
Three years done !
bellacini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 3:13pm
Hello ladies:

I am wondering if anyone knows what the normal waiting period is, (If you have already pre-applied for your PRE), once your husband has his visa, and has brought all of the required documentation to his Immigration office?  I have actually heard of others, whose husband's were able to pick up their PRE's, the day after they dropped all of the information/documents off?  Was this a very rare occurrence, or have other's heard of this (or experienced it?)  My husband is in Havana, and our experience has been that most offices are pretty quick?  I look forward to your feedback.

Any updates on anyone?  We are just waiting...and praying that this Friday is the day the he gets 'the call'.  I have noticed the vast majority of peoole seem to get their calls on Friday, for them to go to the Embassy the following Wednesday.  Interesting.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
  Share Topic