Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying for a work permit for new employer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rnbdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnbdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying for a work permit for new employer
    Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 6:36pm

hey my work permit change of employer is approved, i just called CIC yesterday.

i applied on line June 12, 2011, the operator said Documents issued on Aug 24. 2011

And it will be send trough regular mail.

Anyone here know how long would it take the regular mail to be delivered..

anyway I just applied online, i just sent contract, confirmed unnamed lmo and first page of my passport. just the 3 of that :)

cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:10am
Yeah bank statement is a requirement and it must be submitted along with the WP application.  But what I was trying to imply is that although you have less money in the bank, they would most probably consider your application since the TRV that you are applying for is for work permit (of course, you'll earn money from work that is authorized by the Canadian government), not like visit or study visa which you must provide proof that you have sufficient money for your stay.  Regards to all....
mas8989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mas8989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 12:21am
Originally posted by cherry cherry wrote:

..Hope bank statement would  not be big deal for WP application.

They will definitely ask for a bank statement.
I doubt, you will need to show 3 months worth of statements for the application.
cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 9:57am
@Peter Lee:   Absolutely true.... I've had the same feeling.  I didn't even notice that I could actually give pieces of advice like other members do..  Keep in touch..
Peter Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 5:41am
I like this forum. I am feeling proud that I have searched a great way of knowledge for visa information.

cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 8:04pm
Yeah I agree with you.  I opted to grab the other offer because there's a quite big chance to bring my family. We're here for our family, aren't we?

Regarding the bank statement, I have not applied yet but it is a requirement so we must include one.  But I think it's up to the visa officer because since we are workers, our financial support will come from our wages. There could be a little consideration on that.  When I first applied for WP from my home country, I did not submit. But for the new employer, I'll try to, only that, I do not have much money in the bank, I've got a meager savings of only 3000CAD..Hope bank statement would  not be big deal for WP application.
rnbdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnbdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 6:23am
there's a recent postal strike, that's why the paper app. have some delays.
one more thing cherry, did you submit bank statement prior to your wp application? 

madisonlilac28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonlilac28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 5:09am
Hi,

I spent 3 years in USA for working there and its to difficult to get a working visa usa. Its fairly to find work if you are dedicated and hardworking.
cherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:07am

Consider the contract and LMO as separate requirement by CPC-Vegreville for your work permit application, they will evaluate it independently.  But, considering your employer already submitted your name to Service Canada, then I believe it will supplement your application, but still there's no guarantee for it could have been best if you applied and submitted the named LMO yourself with your WP application.  I do hope it will be considered...

Less than a month ago, processing time for paper application for new employer was just 39-45 days, and for online, it's 57 days.  But for unknown reasons, paper application stopped progressing, now the processing delay is 80 days.  So, it's good you applied online.  But i hope CPC would check backlogs for paper application.  Good luck on your application.

As to mine, I have not appllied for work permit yet because I got a better job offer in other province and my LMO is currently on process. Keeping my fingers crossed, too! Goodluck to both of us.... Send us an update on your application for possible reference.

rnbdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rnbdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 12:12pm
I've read some article that says visa officer should check the genuineness of the job offer and LMO.
and do you applied on paper because the website says the timeline is 56 days online and 73 days on paper (new employer)

56 days online and 131 days on paper (same employer)

my new employer advised me to apply trough on line..

I hope our work permit will granted soon, Smile, keep in touch!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic