Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refugee Clain! URG!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronenvas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refugee Clain! URG!!!
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:14pm
Hi, My name is ronen and i had come to Canada in 09-2009 as a tourist i had apply for a refugee plan because i have seriously troubles back home (Israel), i got my work permit, IFH, temporary SIN everything nice so far.
this week i got a letter from the Greater Toronto Enforcement Center saying that i am the subject of a removal order and asking me to present myself for an interview the 26 MAY in 6900 Airport road in Mississauga  in order to update my immigration file. 
when i call the refugee board and ask what this letter is about they said i need to start reporting every month. thats why i need to go and record my voice. when i asked about why did i got this letter they said is because i never went to my hearing. when i explain them that i never got any letter about my hearing they explain that it was sent to an address where i used to live in 10-2010 not my actual address ( actually i have been having problems with mailing always even with my work permit it got lost in the mail twice! i wait for it more than 3 months!!). they ask me to write down a letter explaining what happened and saying that i understand the file was abandoned and asking to re-open the file and bring it to Toronto downtown at Victoria street ( and i did so 2 days ago).

Right now I am completely confuse what to do! if to go to the interview?  am i going to get deported??  
Me and my girlfriend were thinking about marriage,(she is ready to be my sponsor) but we don't know if to hurry up and get marry before the interview? Or can i get married after? Or even if marriage is an option eventhough i am a refugee?

From what i had read in the Refugee Board online i can apply for a PRRA, How much time this PRRA give me to stay here in canada? Can i get marry even im in that process? 

I will really really really appreciate your replys guys, this is scaring the hell out of me! 

Thanks a looooot!!!!!!,
A very confuse new comer :(

certifiedtofiluk101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote certifiedtofiluk101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:49am
theres nothing to worry about for as long as your holding facts and saying the truth :)

good luck!
God will hear those who wait patiently.
ronenvas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronenvas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:59pm
of course im saying truth but im worrying because i saw in many cases they find themself deported

wenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:40pm
PRRA gives you 6 months max.
and in-land sponsorship takes at least 9-10 months just to get passed the first stage.

I was in that situation. If they continue with the removal order, don't even bother applying in-land. Start with the out-land instead so once you go back you can still continue with the case.

I applied in-land and I was back home before we even heard anything back from CPC-V. I had to withdrawn and started the out-land one. waste of time and money, really.

Good luck with your case!
ronenvas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronenvas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:03am
Thanks a lot wenita for replying.
let me ask you are in canada? how long took you for the sponsorship out- land? 
wenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:08am
I'm not in Canada. My husband and I are in Thailand waiting for the out-land app to be done processing.

ronenvas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronenvas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:57pm
thanks again for replying wenita 
so how long you were in process for the out-land app? 
wenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:42pm
We just sent our package to Mississauga, its only been a little over a week. it's to be sent to Singapour after so we are expecting a really long wait.
you can check how long each Visa Office takes to process your app on the CIC site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic