Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship And Entrepreneur Condition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copernic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship And Entrepreneur Condition
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 11:33am
Hi There,

It is about 6 month I did take my test to get my citizenship. Ever since I gave heared nothing! even I did follow up with CIC office and call center. The only thing they say is that they are waiting for some clearence!

To be honest, We enter to canada under my father's Entrepreneur investor program and as you know we have a condition to establish a busines and we did, but that application is in process and we still do not remove our condition.

So I am wondering to know, if my fathers application is the reason of delay in my application?

Thak you
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:40pm
Hi

Originally posted by copernic copernic wrote:

Hi There,

It is about 6 month I did take my test to get my citizenship. Ever since I gave heared nothing! even I did follow up with CIC office and call center. The only thing they say is that they are waiting for some clearence!

To be honest, We enter to canada under my father's Entrepreneur investor program and as you know we have a condition to establish a busines and we did, but that application is in process and we still do not remove our condition.

So I am wondering to know, if my fathers application is the reason of delay in my application?

Thak you

Yes, until the conditions are removed from your PR visa, then the citizenship application won't be processed.
PMM
copernic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copernic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 3:11pm
Dear PMM,

But there is no time line for removing the condition. and on the other hand, why my father condition should affect member of family?

Finally, why when I follow up with CIC, they hide the truth from me and do not explain me nothing about the condition?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:54pm
Hi

Originally posted by copernic copernic wrote:

Dear PMM,
But there is no time line for removing the condition. and on the other hand, why my father condition should affect member of family?
Finally, why when I follow up with CIC, they hide the truth from me and do not explain me nothing about the condition?

Because the only way that you got your PR was as a dependent of your father, who has conditions on his PR. If he doesn't get his conditions removed, and receives a removal order his dependents are included in that order. As to your other question, you asked a clerk manning a phoneline, not a Citizenship officer.
PMM
copernic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copernic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 1:30pm
Dear PMM,

Thank you as always for your professorial reply.Smile

Frankly speaking, are you sure phone line clerks do not know about the conditions and regulations? So what are they doing there and how answer our questions? Also, when they put our telephone on hold to look at something and ask somebody about our application, what are they supposed to do? 

Besides, they always say me from 4 month ago, the CIC local office is waiting for clearance, So as you said, most likely it should be my fathers removal condition letter. Am I right?

Thank you
Alvasin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:26am
My fimily migrate to Canada as Entrepreneur investor program. As you know we have to meet some factors to remove our conditions. about 1 and half years ago my father sent out a letter to CIC and declared that we have met the conditions and ever since we are in the line to get the approval letter!

In the mean time, I did apply for citizenship test and about 5 month ago I took my test but ever since I have not heard nothing about the result and invitation letter. Every time I did call CIC they say me your file is OK and there is nothing wrong on your file!

I have 2 questions:

1. If our Entrepreneur application is still in-process could it kind of affect out citizenship file. I mean for example CIC hold my citizenship file to see what will happen in my father Entrepreneur file?
  2. What CIC call center staff have access to about our file?
copernic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copernic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:22pm
Dear Alvasin,

We are exactly in the same boat!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:25pm
Fortunately, copernic, I doubt you are in the same boat as alvasin, and you should be glad of that. See my post in which I highlight the contradictions in posts by alvasin.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
copernic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copernic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 8:12pm
Thank you dpenabill and sorry for alvasi,

Could I know your idea about my question?

Thank you
Torono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:57pm
thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic