Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xpresspost tracking?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xpresspost tracking?
    Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:21pm
So I asked how long it would take for my mail to arrive in Vegreville and she said two to three business days. I have tracking and signature requirement on it. I sent it in on Monday and it still only shows where I gave it to them on Monday.

Any idea when I will see when they received it?
As I am sure everyone knows my concern when it comes to mailing immigration documents and making sure they don't get lost. I mean right now I don't even care if I get denied for my extension, I just care that my request gets there on time and before the expiry date. At least that way I have a fair chance, you know. Lol.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:28pm
Dont worry I have ordered loads of stuff that have needed a signiture and when I have tracked them they have said they were still in Richmond sorting office when I had already received them.
It just takes a little time for them to update stuff sometimes but they take extra special care when delivering registered mail.
When all the mail gets thrown in the back of a trailer the registered mail actually goes in the cab with the driver and he has to sign for it and sign it over to each sorting ffice it arrives at, or at least this is what happens in the UK and I suspect it is the same here.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
rabbitcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbitcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:41pm
Maybe they actually don't update the info until the letter is delivered. I sent my application for  OWP to Vegreville on monday and I checked again today and they got it. But I also sent a letter on monday as well, to Hong Kong for police cert. and only shows where I gave it to them on monday. So I don't know, maybe they jusyt won't update it until the letter is actually delivered and sign by the person.
Yullover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yullover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:33pm
When i send my paper to Mississauga, with expresspost, it's take 4 days before i see something appear in the page...

Don't worry, the internet system of post canada is slow.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Yullover Yullover wrote:

When i send my paper to Mississauga, with expresspost, it's take 4 days before i see something appear in the page...

Don't worry, the internet system of post canada is slow.

The mail service altogether in Canada is SLOW let alone the internet service.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:18pm
Okay good to know I am not the only one that has dealt with this.
I guess I rather them take their time to update long after it was actually received then it get lost. I will just keep checking. I am sure it will be there soon.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:13am
Well I am very unhapppy with canada post, my sister mailed me a fe things that I left back home over my holiday visit and I never got it, it say " item succesfully delivered" for two days now and I don't have it....am really angry had my digital camera in there....we are just 5 hours drive from each other!!! thought I could save the gaz.....
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:56am
ditto ditto ditto

I have received a response back before Xpresspost showed it delivered in the first place. I have had tracking fail to record delivery at all even though I have had delivery confirmed in other ways. And so on.

I still use it. It still seems to get there within the time frame they promise . . . even if the tracking reports are less than reliable, way less than timely.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:47am
Then your sister really needs to have them start an investigation.
If she insured it and they "can't" find it - they will reimburse her the cost of the goods she claims (so long as she paid for insurance) - otherwise the limit is $100

We had to do that with something they lost - value was less than $100 so we didn't put extra insurance on it and they couldn't find it - we received a cheque for the value of the item.

Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

Well I am very unhapppy with canada post, my sister mailed me a fe things that I left back home over my holiday visit and I never got it, it say " item succesfully delivered" for two days now and I don't have it....am really angry had my digital camera in there....we are just 5 hours drive from each other!!! thought I could save the gaz.....
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:38am
Yes she has file for an investigation.....hummm, I hope something good will come out of it..
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic