Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question about

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:38am

so for the financial evaluation all i need is the c print out right?  my question i want to ask is does it matter how much money i make for sponsoring my wife?  i read something about having to making 20,000$ a year.  however the company i was previously working lasy year 2008 for shut down because of the economy but now i am working a new place however, i got my c-printout back and i didn't meet that bracket which i thought i did.  however, i did get a letter about my company shutting down proof.  so what do i do?  do i include this too?  i mean i am working full time now, and i do have a letter from my current employer saying i am working and etc. 

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:57am
Originally posted by trainman trainman wrote:

so for the financial evaluation all i need is the c print out right?  my question i want to ask is does it matter how much money i make for sponsoring my wife?  i read something about having to making 20,000$ a year.  however the company i was previously working lasy year 2008 for shut down because of the economy but now i am working a new place however, i got my c-printout back and i didn't meet that bracket which i thought i did.  however, i did get a letter about my company shutting down proof.  so what do i do?  do i include this too?  i mean i am working full time now, and i do have a letter from my current employer saying i am working and etc. 

I think there is no low income cut off (LICO) requirement to sponsor a spouse. But you must not be on government assistance.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:23am
Oh yes, it certainly matters how much money you make to sponsor your wife: Here is the LICO table:

Table 4 - Low Income Cut-off (LICO)

Effective until December 31, 2009

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (the sponsor) $21,666
2 persons $26,972
3 persons $33,159
4 persons $40,259
5 persons $45,662
6 persons $51,498
7 persons $57,336
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $5,838

You must prove that you have an annual income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income to support the group of persons consisting of
  • yourself and your family members, whether they are living with you or not;
  • the person you are sponsoring and his or her family members;
  • every other person you have sponsored in the past and their family members, where an undertaking is still in effect or not yet in effect;
  • every other person for whom you have co-signed an undertaking that is still in effect; and
  • every person not mentioned above for whom your spouse or common-law partner has given or co-signed an undertaking that is still in effect or not yet in effect, if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing your current sponsorship undertaking.
I believe that Option C is only proof of the LAST INCOME YEAR (it's Income Tax right), however this year (preceding 12 months) will be considered as well.

Include everything that you have, paystub(s) from your current company showing how much you have made Year-To-Date as well as a letter confirming employment (have them include your annual salary). You need to prove that you meet the minimum, if you can do that.... I think you're good!Thumbs Up

Originally posted by trainman trainman wrote:

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:35am
There is no minimum income requirements to be able to sponsor a spouse.

You only need to prove that you are not receiving social assistance and you must also not be in a undischarged bankrupstcy.

LICO does not apply to spouse.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:50am
SERIOUSLY???? Shocked I'm not sure about that or I'm really confused then???? lol
It was my understanding that you have to be able to support yourself, your spouse and every other family member dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not.

Then why do spouses have to do a Financial Evaluation IMM1283 form?

Originally posted by rbenoit rbenoit wrote:

You only need to prove that you are not receiving social assistance and you must also not be in a undischarged bankrupstcy.

rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:26am
Check page 9 of the Sponsor's Guide:
You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past
12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You
may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner). If you
reside in Quebec, see also Sponsors living in Quebec.
This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no
children of their own, or
· your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

Edited by rbenoit - 30 Nov 2009 at 11:26am
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:35pm
I'll be damned!! Exclamation  You learn something new everyday!!! Thumbs Up I'm so anal I just phoned the Call Centre to confirm hahaha LOL and yup I guess because I have a dependent child I filled out the wrong form!!! lol.... I guess submitting too many forms is better than not enough! Wink  cause my husband got the call to pick up his PP this morning.

So I stand corrected, Trainman will still have to submit the Option C print out (but they're not concerned with how much or how little the amount on Line 150 is!!!), Letter of Employment, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Yeah!!! Trainman... don't worry about how much you did or didn't make, just be sure to include it.

Also, I see that Child Support payments better be up to date too!!

Who cannot sponsor?

You are not eligible to sponsor if you are in default of a previous sponsorship undertaking, of an immigration loan, of court ordered support payment obligations or of a performance bond (an amount you agreed to pay as a guarantee of performance of an obligation under the immigration legislation);

Default of a previous sponsorship undertaking means persons you sponsored in the past have

received social assistance during the validity period of the undertaking.

Default of an immigration loan means you received a transportation, assistance or Right of

Permanent Residence (previously Right of Landing) Fee loan and have not made a required payment

or are in arrears with your loan payments.

Default of any court ordered support payment obligations means you were ordered by a court to

make support payments to your spouse, common-law partner or child and have neglected to do so.

Default of a performance bond means you have not paid the sum of money that became payable to

the Canadian government following a promise you made to pay this sum if the person specified in the

performance bond that you signed or co-signed did not comply with the conditions imposed on him or

her by immigration authorities.

If you are in default of a previous sponsorship, of an immigration loan, of court ordered support

payment obligations or of a performance bond and you submit an application to sponsor, it will be

refused even if you are sponsoring your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, or child.

Should you want to sponsor again, you will have to

• repay the full amount of any social assistance payment or repay the debt to the satisfaction

of the provincial, territorial or municipal authorities that issued the benefit or ordered you

to pay, if you are in default of a previous sponsorship,

pay all arrears on your loan, if you are in default of an immigration loan,

resolve the family support matter to the satisfaction of the provincial or territorial

authorities who ordered the payment, or

pay any outstanding bonds for which you are a signer or a co-signer and that became

payable;

• submit a new sponsorship application;

• pay new processing fees; and

• meet all the eligibility requirements for sponsorship at that time.

Check page 9 of the Sponsor's Guide:
You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past
12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You
may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner). If you
reside in Quebec, see also Sponsors living in Quebec.
This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
· your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no
children of their own, or
· your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

Edited by Mrs.Sam - 30 Nov 2009 at 12:37pm
trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:13pm
thanks guy.  i appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic