Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Exam Photos?? Specifications??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 11:50pm
If you send it off towards the end of your visitor status you will then have implied status until a decision is made on your extension.
This way, if it takes an extra 3 months to process the visitor extension, you can legally stay here until it is processed without having to go anywhere. If you were to send it in say tomorrow, the decision would be made before your actual visitor atatus has expired and it would lose you 3 months.
Read through OP11 that it is about 4 or 5 pages long and explains about implied status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:53am
ditto here
See the thing is - they only need to receive your extension before the other one expires.
It's in your best interest to send it in "at the last minute" - just don't cut it too close - but if you send it, with delivery confirmation like 10 days before it expires - you're fine

Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

If you send it off towards the end of your visitor status you will then have implied status until a decision is made on your extension.
This way, if it takes an extra 3 months to process the visitor extension, you can legally stay here until it is processed without having to go anywhere. If you were to send it in say tomorrow, the decision would be made before your actual visitor atatus has expired and it would lose you 3 months.
Read through OP11 that it is about 4 or 5 pages long and explains about implied status. http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Bonacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:30pm
I'm an American, married to a Canadian. We're living in Nova Scotia -- tho my application is "outland," being processed in Buffalo, cause my permanent legal residence is still in New York State.

Anyway, I am going for my medical exam tomorrow, and the photo instructions from the designated doctor at Dalhousie don't match the instructions in the "Sponsorship II" instructions from immigration. The doctor's instructions call for "four passport-size photographs"; page 6 of the "Sponsorship II" instructions call for "5 recent photos taken within 6 months of the examination."

Giant HUH?

I guess I'm bringing both. Thoe "5 recent photos" is very vague. (Like, any photos? Full-body? Face? Huh?)

I find it kind of nuts that there's so much variation.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:03pm
The number of photos required varies . . . I forget the bases for which different numbers are required (some are required to include negatives . . . which seems problematic in a digital age).

While I don't recall specifically, passport sized photos for the medical exam sounds about right . . . so if there is a conflict in your instructions as to the number, take the greater number (five given what you say above) . . . and they must be recent, which technically means taken in the last six months but practically means they must depict you as you appear currently.

Their purpose is obvious: to better assure that the person taking the physical (and its various components) is the same person applying for PR. Not that complicated.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:06pm
When I called to book my appointment I asked about the photos and she said to bring in 4, I also asked for the size and she gave me the exact spec for them so it may be worth calling the DMP you are going to and asking exactlly what they want.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:39pm
May I ask How Long you have been married and How soon did you start your paper work? And Which did you do first?  Your name change in the US? Or Sponsorship Application?
Carolyn
Bonacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:44pm
we've been together for four years, but were only married in November. i haven't changed my name, and don't plan to change it. we were advised to wait to file the sponsorship and application until after we were married. so i'm having my medical tomorrow, and hope to send off the application immediately after.
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:03am

There's so much paperwork...If someone can just help me as in what to do first?  This is my second time as a visitor in Canada.  My husband and I were married December 23rd here in Canada.  I am from the United States (Texas). My husband is Canadian with the Military (airforce) here in Trenton.  I have til June 30th on my passport, but I plan on staying.  Do we file "APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING" FORMS and APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE together?  And thank you to All of you that have helped me out with my questions.  I am new to all of this and I want to do this right.   Geek

Carolyn
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:05am
I still need to request my Certified Marriage Certificate.  My other question is:  Since I am from the US, Can I get my FBI background check here in Canada and my Medical Exam?  How about my Police Record in Texas? 
Carolyn
Bonacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:45pm
I'm sure there are others who know WAY more than me, but.... I had to be home in New York to get my FBI fingerprints and local police fingerprints for my two background checks.

Your medical will need to be with a designated medical practitioner in Canada, tho.

If you just read the instructions for the family class sponsorship, all this will be explained pretty simply and straightforwardly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic