Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Exam Photos?? Specifications??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical Exam Photos?? Specifications??
    Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:56am
My wife has an appointment for her medical exam in 3 days.  The doctor (on the approved list for CIC) asked for 6 recent photos.  Is anyone aware of any particular specification for these photos?  For example, are they supposed to follow the same specification as the photos which must accompany her immigration application?  What have others done about this?

Thanks,

B47
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:23am
B47...it is my understanding that the specs for the photos that you provide at the medical check are the same as for her immigration photos. That is what my partner did for his. The doctor keeps the Appendix C form that you bring in. S/He will attach one of the photos to a form that will be given to your wife to be included in her application.

I am pretty sure they explain that the specs for medical photos are the same as the specs for immigration photos...but I can no longer seem to find that explanation in the guides.

Peachy
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 5:57am
The specs are in the region specific guide - part 3 listed here

Originally posted by boundary47 boundary47 wrote:

My wife has an appointment for her medical exam in 3 days.  The doctor (on the approved list for CIC) asked for 6 recent photos.  Is anyone aware of any particular specification for these photos?  For example, are they supposed to follow the same specification as the photos which must accompany her immigration application?  What have others done about this?

Thanks,

B47
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:39am
Thanks for your suggestions. 

There's inconsistency in what various designated medical practitioners (DMPs) are doing.  One of the DMPs here in Shanghai says bring 5 copies of recent photos, and they don't have to be identical.  A DMP in Vancouver says on his website that passport photos are acceptable, and he provides them for a modest fee ($17).  

The guide for China gives very specific guidelines for photos to be included with the PR application, but these guidelines appear to refer to those specific photos

I could find no mention in the guide of photos required for the medical exam.  It specifically says passport photos are NOT acceptable, but again, this appears to refer to the photos submitted with the PR application. 

*/begin vent mode 

If these same photos are required with the medical exam, why doesn't the guide say so? Why instruct applicants to include 5 photos when another 5 of the same photos are required by the Designated Medical Practitioner?  Why not say "Get 10 photos done to this specification; 5 for the DMP and the remaining 5 to be included with your application".

I find this kind of inconsistency to be frustrating.  

Yes, I can go to get these photos made, but I will bet you that the photographer will insist that his passport photos are perfectly adequate, and we'll have to argue with him for 10 minutes to convince him to do it the way we ask.  And he'll say "that's what I've done for other immigrant applicants", and my wife, who has to translate all this into Chinese for the photographer, will look at me strangely and wonder why I'm asking her to argue with the photographer to do things a different way than he has done for everyone else.

*/end vent mode

OK, I feel better now.  Filling in these forms is getting to me. 

B47

Edited by boundary47 - 06 Jan 2010 at 6:42am
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 8:59am
LOL...I know how you feel B47! That was funny! I can just imagine how it would go! Things are kind of like that here as well!

Just take the Appendix B paper in with you...don't worry, I am sure the photographer will be totally familiar with that stuff. We were surprised here, thinking that we would have a hassle, but the photographer actually knew exactly what to do and how to do it...according to the specs on Appendix B. You will probably be pleasantly surprised...and relieved.

Follow the specs in the guide and you should be on the right track.

Peachy
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 3:47pm
I am from the States, I just married in December while visiting my fiance in Canada.  I need lots of help on this one.  My husband will be sponsoring me. I still have to wait to obtain my Certified marriage Certificate.  My question is:  Do I go through my legal name change first?  I am visiting til 6-30, So I need to have all documents changed to my married name now OR do we proceed in our application for sponsorship and undertaking first?  Do I need a medical exam before sending in application?  and as for the marriage certificate, Do we send in a photocopy? It would be nice if this process was cheaper and less time consuming being that It would save money on me leaving every  months.  Is there an easier way?
Carolyn
mapgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 9:27pm
Quote Do I go through my legal name change first? I am visiting til 6-30, So I need to have all documents changed to my married name now OR do we proceed in our application for sponsorship and undertaking first?
Personal opinion, I would wait. I was just married in September in the UK. Making sure all required documentation was changed seemed like a hassle so I am waiting until the PR is approved to do it. Approvals through Buffalo seem to be going fairly quickly right now, I think ~2-3 months for straightforward applications.

Quote Do I need a medical exam before sending in application?
Yes, the form you need to take with you is in the Region Specific forms - Appendix C
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

Quote and as for the marriage certificate, Do we send in a photocopy?
Yes, a photocopy is what you send. The forms state to not send originals unless otherwise specified.

Sent: 21 Dec 09
Rec'd CPC-M: 23 Dec 09
Sponsorship Appr'd: 13 Jan 10
PPR from London by email: 25 Feb 10
Landed: 6 May 10
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:41pm
Thank You Mapgirl, I have been doing some more research on my options.  I am going to apply to extend my stay here in Canada due to the lengthly paperwork and time processing all of this will take. My return date is 6-30....Is this a good idea, applying to extend my stay? Smile
Carolyn
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 10:49pm
It is a good idea, but dont send it into until a couple of weeks into June and then send it by recorded mail.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Carolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 11:00pm
Wont I be risking it with the timeline?  I read up on the processing times and it could take up to 3 months? We just got married in December and I left to the States Dec28th and back to Canada on the 1st, I up to my gills on all this paperwork and honestly, We cannot afford for me to be traveling to the states every 6 months.  My husband is Military so He cannot travel with me in the future due to schedules.  Thank you so much for your response.  I spend hours trying to figure all this out and what to do first. The paperwork is so complicated ya know. thanx Smile
Carolyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic