Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent sponsership

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:09am
original appl. May 2009
update request March 2012
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

original appl. May 2009
update request March 2012

hi, could you please share more info? is that additional checklist request?

Edited by smartin - 09 Apr 2012 at 12:38pm
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 2:27pm
smartin:

Yes it has to be submitted to CPC-M along with sponsor's option-C printout from CRA. I guess next step after submission would be the file's transfer overseas or something
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 6:20pm
Thank you for your reply, canvis2006.
As far as I heard they have not asked for the option-C printout from CRA before....I mean when they asked for additional paperwork.

Edited by smartin - 09 Apr 2012 at 6:20pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:35pm
smartin,

Yes before they were not doing that, but it seems they have a new short version of the checklist they send to everyone, and that includes asking the sponsor for a fresh option-c printout.

Before it was just the visa office specific forms they needed and the forms and supporting documents.

So now they request update before making a decision.
mandy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 9:16pm
Hi Guys...Any new update. Its so frustrating that after 4 months i am still waiting for passport. I was under the impression that ours was a routine case. Since my parents visited canada 15-30 days on different occassions. one dependent but he was under 22 wheni applied. I was think it should take only 2-3 months after medical. Well lets see what happens...sometimes i wonder are they really going to process 6000 application in new delhi or 25k in one year. We are already in april...i mean i dont see that many cases where people have received visas. just tired of seeing the same status online no change. My parents address disappeared since february and didnt appear back again. I was thinking the wait will be over soon but doesnt look like it.....
Sponsorship August 2007
Acknowdledgement August 2007
SponsorshipApproved Jan 2011
AOR---Received May 2011
PP+Med Req--December 2011
PP+Medical--January 2012
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

smartin,

Yes before they were not doing that, but it seems they have a new short version of the checklist they send to everyone, and that includes asking the sponsor for a fresh option-c printout.

Before it was just the visa office specific forms they needed and the forms and supporting documents.

So now they request update before making a decision.

thank you for your answer. can you please explain what the new short version of the checklist is like.

Edited by smartin - 11 Apr 2012 at 10:57pm
Red rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 11:31pm
Hey Mandy
Same here. Tired of waiting. I was thinking my mother will get visa in three months after medical done. Now been 4 months, nothing showing on ecas status, just application recieved n address diappear from jan26/2012..so frustrating.
mandy007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 1:09pm

i dont know when they are going to finalize old cases...they are still sending letters for medicals and other documents for all people that applied in 2009 and 2008...

Sponsorship August 2007
Acknowdledgement August 2007
SponsorshipApproved Jan 2011
AOR---Received May 2011
PP+Med Req--December 2011
PP+Medical--January 2012
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by smartin smartin wrote:

thank you for your answer. can you please explain what the new short version of the checklist is like.

The checklist wants the following:

- Original Option-C printout from Sponsor, must be obtained from CRA

-The imm. forms (IMM8, Schedule 1, Additional Family info,dependents, etc )
-2 photos of each person (immigration specification photos)
-copies of national passports for each person
-marriage certificate for parents
-documents showing proof of relation between sponsor and parents
-for any sibling(dependent of parents) over 22 yrs age, proof of continuous education
-copy of any civil/identity documents e.e. birth certificate
-copy of foreign residential permits/visas if residing in another country different from country of nationality

All documents must be in English or French(certified translations).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic