Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Exam for Spouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical Exam for Spouse
    Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 1:37pm
Hi guys,
I'm in the process of getting all the information together for the application to sponsor my spouse. I just have a confusion regarding the medical exam for the spouse, hope you can help me with:

Medical Exam for the Spouse: In the checklist from "Part 3: Country specific Instructions" there is a item call "Proof of Medical Examination" that my wife has to do. Just wondering if you do this and get the form signed by the DMP:
+ before sending the application OR
+ after sending the application (when you get feedback from the processing center and request you to take the medical exam)

I'm asking this because back then when I applied for my PR, I didn't have to do the medical exam when I sent the application. After about 2-3 months, they sent back a letter with the medical form and asked me to do this.

Please share some experience?
Thanks much.
mr_nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by komodo komodo wrote:

Hi guys,
I'm in the process of getting all the information together for the application to sponsor my spouse. I just have a confusion regarding the medical exam for the spouse, hope you can help me with:

Medical Exam for the Spouse: In the checklist from "Part 3: Country specific Instructions" there is a item call "Proof of Medical Examination" that my wife has to do. Just wondering if you do this and get the form signed by the DMP:
+ before sending the application OR
+ after sending the application (when you get feedback from the processing center and request you to take the medical exam)

I'm asking this because back then when I applied for my PR, I didn't have to do the medical exam when I sent the application. After about 2-3 months, they sent back a letter with the medical form and asked me to do this.

Please share some experience?
Thanks much.

well fore my esperience medical prof must be subitet with the aplikacion together.when you do your medical you must subit a medical prof together when you send your aplikacion on the CIC.

some senior members can answer you more correct bot i think it is lik this.

Good Luck.
aad809 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aad809 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:14pm
I am not sure if they change their rules but as far as I know u need to submit ur application they will review it & sends u instructions for medical.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 1:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by aad809 aad809 wrote:

I am not sure if they change their rules but as far as I know u need to submit ur application they will review it & sends u instructions for medical.

No, on spousal sponsorships, proof of the medical must be submitted with the application.
PMM
komodo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 2:10pm
Thanks much, guys. I really appreciate it.
I'll ask her to have the proof of medical together with the application.
kueball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kueball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 8:39pm
Hi Komodo.

From my experience.  My wife had her medical done before I sent the application to CPC. We had to attach a copy given to us by the doctor for proof the medical was done.

Cheers!

Greg
04/04/11 AOR letter requesting PP,AOM & Petition of Divorce.
06/09/11 Medical results have been received.
08/04/11 DM.
08/13/11 Visa arrived.
08/20/11 Arrived in Toronto.
Hendrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 9:03pm
It is fine to do your medical before or after you send your application. Having it done before may save some processing time but there is no guarantee of this.
Sept. 14 - CPC-M Received App
Oct. 8 - Sponsor Approved
Oct. 20 - MLA - In Process - Req PP, Med & UAE PC
Dec. 1 - Med & UAE PC received by Embassy
March 28 - VISA in hand :)
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 12:15am
Hi

Originally posted by Hendrix Hendrix wrote:

It is fine to do your medical before or after you send your application. Having it done before may save some processing time but there is no guarantee of this.

Except the instructions state to submit proof of the medical exam with your application.
PMM
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:55am
I agree with pmm that the instructions state to submit proof of the medical exam with your application. Your application will be considered as incomplete and returned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic