Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR PLACEMENT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pknspm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR PLACEMENT
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:12am
SmileHI..EVERYONE..

AS ALL OF YOU ARE WELL VERSED WITH THE CANADIAN CULTURE & JOB SCENARIO..

I NEED UR SINCERE GUIDANCE ..

I AM AN INDIAN & HAVE RECENTLY GOT THE PR -SKILLED CATEGORY-AND IS MOVING TO CANADA-VANCOUVER ON 14TH MAY 2011 ALONG WITH MY FAMILY-SPOUSE & A KID OF 10 YEARS.
I AM 43 & HAVE 17 YEARS OF BANKING EXPERIENCE WITH MBA-BANKING & FINANCE AS MAJOR ALONG WITH FEW OTHER COURSES RELATED TO BANKING ARENA AS KYC/AM, INTERNATIONAL BANKING,SECURITY MARKET, MUTUAL FUNDS ETC.
WILL THIS ENABLE ME TO FIND A SUITABLE JOB..
HOW STRUGGLING WILL IT BE...
ALL URS SINCERE GUIDNACE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED...
WAITING FOR YOUR GUIDANCE..

WITH SINCERE REGARDS.

PARVEEN.
pknspm
georgecombey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgecombey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:13am
Hi there,

I am sure there are placement agencies in your country. You can try searching about them online. Most of them have website for sure. If they does, then they will definitely have an online registration wherein you can post your CV.
George Combey
Looking for Passport Application Info
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 10:56am
well banks r open to hiring indians..atleast in toronto, there r a lot of indians working in banks....CSC is required for most positions..
pknspm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pknspm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 9:19am
lot of thanxs...tanushree...
 Can CSC be done online also..?
pknspm
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:08am
U can enroll for CSC online. Pay the fees via credit card. The material will be avilable online and the book will also be sent to you. U have a years time from the date of enrollment to give the exam. It is not absolutely necessary to do ur CSC to get into a bank althought banks prefer it but  there are many of us working in a bank without CSC. The Canadian job market is very difficult to get into but one thing I have realised is luck plays a very big factor and also being at the right place at the right time.

Check out the website of Canadian Securities Institute.
pknspm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pknspm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:30pm
Hi..Tanushree..

Lot of thnxs for ur sincere guidance..It would be gr8 privilege..if u could guide me some further for processing...it seems that u r working in a bank...pl.assist.
regards
pknspm
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:15am
yes, I am working in a bank. I am from india, came in june/july last year and then stared working in bank in march. I dont know the market in vancouver, but there are a lot of asians working in banks in toronto and banks are quite open in hiring them.  Here to work in a bank, u need to have certifications so CSC will have to be the first step and then depending on which field u get a job in, u will have to do other certifications like mutual fund license etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic