Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 59>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:31pm

One year ago today we won our ADR..Cant believe I am still waiting to reunite with my husband.I suppose they are hoping we will throw in the towel.

Hopefully everyone votes on this poll..Looks like you can only vote once..If I could I would vote 365 times (amount of days waiting since winning appeal).Doubt voting changes anything, but it made me feel better.

Hang in there everyone.This too shall pass

Edited by hazangel - 18 Dec 2009 at 2:36pm
AYA
"fern"
symbol of endurance and resourcefulness
"An individual who wears this symbol suggests that he has endured many adversities and outlasted much difficulty."
suzieq616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzieq616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:48pm
One year.  That is horrible.  I hope you hear something positive soon.
gggomez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm
hi everyone, I am still in the gambia! As I mentioned before my husband got an interview date but nothing was sent to his e-cas and he didnt recieve a letter yet, so I e mailed my MP and asked her to get the information for us. i emailed her on tuesday and she eailed me back today with a copy of the letter. Now we can move forward with booking his plane ticket to ghana. As suggested by members here we will send our compiled information proving our genuine relationship with my husband *in hand* and not by mail. What we have are copies of phone calls, copies of air line tickets and boarding passes, pasport pages showing my entry and exit, copies of money sent via westren union and gift reciepts. My only thing I have not together yet were my e mail chats, I have them all in order but I just want to know peoples opinion on how many chat logs should I send them. I read a post I think by kamjeet in another form and she stated that they put her IAD date to a full hearng due to the number of pages that she sent them. I don't want to over whelm them with too muh paper and put our case possibily furture behind. oh and how many pitures should we send

thanks
N~Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N~Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:55pm

The following are document/s i submitted to the Accra office on the date of my interview:

Copy of my inbox  showing sent/received mails from my wife.
Pictures taken with my wife and family members(6 Total)
Contract document from my employer showing my wife as beneficiary and next of kin.

If i were you,i will reconsider presenting the western union money receipts... I just don't see the relevance...

Cheers.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:46pm
gggomez

I hope the interview goes well and that you are enjoying your time with your husband---because right now I am really missing mine!

I never saved chats at all for our interview thus we are in the queue for ADR.  I think coming from West Africa depending on relationship strengths(as viewed by Immigration) you can determine whether to send the first page of all chats from relationship beginning or all for a certain period as I am now doing.  I only started end of may 09 but as time for my ADR approaches I will decide if I will send first page only.  In my case I feel they need to see the type of interactions.  Ours was considered a non genuine marriage.

You are not in the appeal stage so I don't think that will cause a problem for you.  Two members on here felt it may have caused their ADR to be put off to a full hearing but I don't have an opinion on that yet.

Senior members may have better idea on that.
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:05pm
gggomez,

I believe everything you have is in order.

At my interview in April, we submitted around 500 pages of saved chat. However, we recognised that questions based on the content of our chat would be fair game. Actually, that applies to everything you've ever presented to them.

Regarding Ndelta's comment about western union receipts, I'd say ideally the sent cash should count towards interdependence. If yours is a Caucasian woman - African man relationship then Accra would probably be more impressed if the caucasian was the dependent. So while it is not a definite landmine, I'd advise caution (with the volume maybe?) , and thats only if your situation is the type I referred to above.

Regards.

GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
Stablous

I agree with the financial interdependence being positive if the African man was sending money to his Caucasian wife but it is often the other way around.  So, yes, you have to be careful not to send too much and they will ask reasons for the money.  I have sent money(never requested by my husband) mainly for health issues because I felt he needed it and I will submit these with my appeal.  Others have cautioned me about the Western Union receipts but I have to find some ways to indicate interdependence.  I will use these receipts for my income tax also.

It is stressful to wait for an ADR date not knowing if they will later change that date or as another member on here had theirs cancelled on that date for reasons beyond the member's control.
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
Just my own personal experience with Western Union receipts. When we sent our original application, I sent just a few of the receipts from my husband's end. However, when he went for his interview, he made the mistake of taking every receipt from the time he sent me the application until his interview date (July to March). Considering that I send him money every two weeks, it amounted to quite a lot and caused a lot of questions from the IO. I think a few receipts over a wide period of time would be helpful, but unless the receipts go both ways, I would strongly discourage giving them everything you have. I believe this was one of the issues that caused 8 months of "investigation" on our file.
hazangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:39am
FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! My husband got his visa
today!!!!!!!!!!!
He received an email late on Friday night (they had emailed the letter to a random email that he hardly uses). Over all these years, they have ALWAYS corresponded to us through the same email address. On this special day, they decided to send the letter to an email that they had never used  before ( I found that strange).
Anyways, he was in line at 0730 this morning amongst about 50 people.. Once the HC let them in, they were able to hand in their passport with 2 photos..At 1130am they told them to come back at 230pm. Once he arrived back at 230pm, they were made to queue up again and about 30min after that, my husband was given his visa!!!
It's been a very long, very difficult journey, but it is FINALLY (almost) over for us..I will believe it when he gets off that plane at Pearson and I can see his 6'4" frame and his big beautiful grin.Then I will know we can finally live our lives together..
Thank you all for your support..Lord knows I vented enough, but it was good to know that a lot of you understood where my frustrations were coming from.
I hope to hear good news from you guys very soon.
AYA
"fern"
symbol of endurance and resourcefulness
"An individual who wears this symbol suggests that he has endured many adversities and outlasted much difficulty."
Can_Zim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Can_Zim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 10:55am
hazangel, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!  i'm tearing upEmbarrassed!!!  i've been following your posts and have really been hoping for good news for you two soon!!!  best xmas present EVER!!!!!   sooooo happy for you.  enjoy your holidays, knowing that you'll be together SOON!!!!  love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 59>
  Share Topic