Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575859
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 8:29pm
The name of the office is Accra, Ghana

Before I sponsored my wife, I heard the same thing that Accra delays applications for various reasons. However, I never had that problem with them when I was sponsoring my wife. It all depends on you and the kind of materials you submit to them. If you organise everything well, in advance, I can assure you things will be much easier and faster with Accra. For example, spend time and go over your own application thinking as immigration officer rather than as applicant or sponsor and ask yourself some questions. If you have a single doubt about a single item on any of the forms, work it out and clear the doubt before you submit the application. In your position as "immigration officer" ask yourself how long did it take you to go over all the applicants phone records? If its difficult for you to figure out which number out of the lot of callers belong to your spouse, it would be more difficult for the actual CIC officer to figure out the same. So what do you do? take time and highlight all calls you and your spouse made out of the lot on your phone record. In that case, it takes only a second for someone to figure things out. 
Want to speed things up the more, use email as means of communication with CIC rather than expecting them to post things to you. My wife landed in Canada before her letter to come for the interview arrived in her Ghana mail box. Email communication saved her.

My sponsorship was approved somewhere October 26th 2010 or so. My wife application got to Accra on Nov 11 2010. The next day they sent her an email to come for her interview on January 19th and she got the PR same day and flew here a week later. They asked her at the interview to draw me (how I look like). They also asked her why her birth cert was issued in 2000 rather than at the time of birth. She was OK because the cert was issued a decade before we married so there was no question of getting a new cert solely for the purpose of immigration. If your documents are all genuine and photocopies are certified within Canada rather than Ghana, they trust you more. My wife's interview was less than 15 mins. 

Dates are very important to them. If you mess up with one date, you may slow down things. For example, you indicate lets say on June 15th 2010 you were together in Kumasi and spent a week but on the same form, you indicate somewhere you spent 3 days in a hotel in Tema within that time frame. It raises question marks.

Organise all your documents neatly and in an easy to read manner and if you are convinced the marriage is genuine, you will have your spouse with you in no time. NEVER SEND them your original marriage certificate or original birth certificate because you may never have them.

These are some of the things I sent with my application beside the obvious and requested documents

1. STC, OA, and VIP bus tickets for all our trips (arranged in one envelope and labelled bus passes)

2. 250 or so pictures dating to the time we first met to when I was leaving the airport to return to Canada (wedding, trips, visit to family and friends, pictures in public places etc)

3. Facebook print outs with comments from friends about our wedding etc. Skype chat screen prints

4. Restaurant and hotel VAT receipts

5. Wedding Photo book printed in Canada (do not send the Ghana type plastic album as they are not accepted). Printed wedding books are accepted

6. 2011 and 2012 Calendars with some of our wedding pictures

7. Lots of emails dating back to 2002 when we were just friends

8. Explanatory notes on everything I questioned myself or where the page on the form was not enough to contain what I wanted to write.

Good luck.Clap

Originally posted by nabmeusa nabmeusa wrote:

I am about to send my application to sponsor my wife in Ghana? Could you guys tell me the name of the immigration office that will be processing my application? I heard they waste so much time on reuniting love once so i am already scared. Could anyone have any advise for me since this is the first time i have ever tried to sponsor someone?

shose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:56pm

It's good at employing some sexy male  models with perfect figure such as Marky Mark, Freddie Ljungberg. Calvin Klein  Steel becomes more and more popular with Calvin  Klein Mens Boxers fashion forward style and planned marketing pattern.  Honestly speaking, every man has this Calvin Klein Mens  365 .  Twenty five years ago, Calvin Klein Underwear is a forerunner to  release stylist brand underwear, which promotes this  http://www.brandunderwears.com/ private clothing to the peak of fashion. Calvin Klein  CK Underwear gives rise to a stream of agitation all over the  world.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 575859
  Share Topic