Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:43pm

I'll try not to ramble.... Big smile Just heard from my MP's office, as they did our monthly inquiry yesterday. Turns out our file got bumped sooner than expected (imagine that!) and everything was approved on Nov 23 and medical redo/police check was requested. This seems to be the last of it! I'm SO excited that we're wrapping up AND I finally have something to do (which is to find a way to come up with the money to pay for another set of medicals, haha). However, my husband checked his mail box last Friday and nothing was there, so I'm not sure where these medical redo forms are. Has anybody been able to go directly to the HC and get those forms? As excited as I am, I'm a little choked that we've been sitting here in suspense for the last three weeks when we could have already sent off those documents, and I want to get them going ASAP. Also, I know this question has been asked before, but I can never remember: his non-accompanying depended children have to have their medicals redone as well, correct? (If so, I'll try to refrain from commenting on how stupid that is... Confused) And will those forms be sent with his or can we just print off the ones from the application kit that we used last time?

hazangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:21pm
Leappiah, sounds like good news to me.
My husband's medical redo forms took two weeks to get to him..They came in a sealed envelope that he was not supposed to open..His and all the children's forms were enclosed.AS WE KNOW, NOTHING IN CRAPPRA MAKES SENSE, SO YES THEY ALL HAVE TO REDO THE MEDICALS EVEN IF NON-ACCOMPANYING Angry..I really cant comment on him trying to pick the forms up at the HC, perhaps you can email them to find out.

Also, not sure where he is going in Accra to get the medicals done, but if he goes to the Phillips clinic (she is the cheapest doctor), make sure she fills out the correct form so he does not have to go back and waste more of his time waiting and waiting.... 

Originally posted by leappiah leappiah wrote:

I'll try not to ramble.... Big smile Just heard from my MP's office, as they did our monthly inquiry yesterday. Turns out our file got bumped sooner than expected (imagine that!) and everything was approved on Nov 23 and medical redo/police check was requested. This seems to be the last of it! I'm SO excited that we're wrapping up AND I finally have something to do (which is to find a way to come up with the money to pay for another set of medicals, haha). However, my husband checked his mail box last Friday and nothing was there, so I'm not sure where these medical redo forms are. Has anybody been able to go directly to the HC and get those forms? As excited as I am, I'm a little choked that we've been sitting here in suspense for the last three weeks when we could have already sent off those documents, and I want to get them going ASAP. Also, I know this question has been asked before, but I can never remember: his non-accompanying depended children have to have their medicals redone as well, correct? (If so, I'll try to refrain from commenting on how stupid that is... Confused) And will those forms be sent with his or can we just print off the ones from the application kit that we used last time?

AYA
"fern"
symbol of endurance and resourcefulness
"An individual who wears this symbol suggests that he has endured many adversities and outlasted much difficulty."
yere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:02pm
ggg-I would suggest being careful about giving Accra things they don't ask for. When my husband went to his interview he carried all sorts of documentation in case they asked for it. They insisted he give them everything he brought (letters, my latest tickets, children's id's, his work/school papers). On the CAIPS they wrote something like "applicant came in with alot of things that we will need to review" (sort of implying that this was now going to take them a long time). They went over every document and ended up using it against us/strenghtening their suspicions. They found a small error on 1 child's documents, they challenged the content of our current emails. They took another 13 months to approve my husband. In the end it was all for nothing as they never pursued any of their claims (according to our CAIPS).

I'm not trying to make you nervous. I'm just letting you think about what you supply as they can take every opportunity to be a holes and challenge/scutinize. I would provide the very basic-like proof of your trip, maybe phone bills. If his interview is within a month I would take them to the interview as the mail system is so poor.  
Oheneba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oheneba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:03pm
Great News ladies,
The days of "Singleton" is coming to a close for you ladies.
Does anyone knows when Accra go on recess for X'mas?
All the bestSmile
Freedom is To Do What you Like
Happiness is to Like What you Do!!
yere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 7:10pm
Ohen-They take all Canadian holidays as well as Ghanaian holidays. It seems from people's CAIPS very little happens over the holidays (our tax dollars flies most of them to Canada so they can experience snow and Santa Claus-they wouldn't want to suffer in Accra at 25-30 degrees over Xmas-that would be cruel and unusual punishment for our civic workers!).

Regarding medical re-do forms. I know someone not on this site whose wife had her interview about 5 weeks ago and got her medical re-do forms and police request in the mail last week. So that's 3 of you...Here's hoping that they conclude your files very soon.  
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
Thanks for the answers, everybody! My husband is checking at the post office again today, perhaps I'll send him to the HC next week if we don't get anything. At least the timing is good for getting the medicals done as the kids don't need to be pulled out of school for them since they're on holidays. Hehe. Trying to find something positive in this. I just want him here now!
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:55am
Okay, another question. Ugh, I am so ready for something in my life to just be easy for once! Last time my husband and his two children had their medicals done, they were 6 and 3. The oldest one didn't have a passport, but because of his age it was required, so we had to go through that process before his exam could be done. Now, they are 8 and 4 (will be 5 in a couple months). The younger one still does not have a passport. Does anybody know from experience if he will be required to have one? Or what age the cut off is? Reading on CIC's website, it says that everybody taking a medical exam is required to have government issued photo identity, either a passport or national identity card; however, at the last medical, the little one didn't have either and there were no problems, so I'm not quite sure what to think. I wish CIC was a little more consistent in their information!
yere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:42pm
Leap-You need a passport now for all ages. My husband tells me Ghana has recently started identity cards-they started issuing them last year-not sure if your child has one yet. The first time we did medicals we did not need passports but the following time March 2008 (and the one's last month) all the children had to have passports.
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
Ugh. Sick. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of this earlier. I don't think either of the boys have identity cards... I'll have to look into that more and see if that will be easier/faster to get than a passport. Thanks for your help, Yere.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:37pm
gggomez

At this point, I don't have much faith in any type of mailing system---I would have it all organized and take it with me as long as I didn't have an unreasonable amount that they would need extra time to go over. Iif you did mail it, I would keep a copy of all for your husband to take with him when he goes to interview.

Please have him prepared!  I wish we could do ours over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 59>
  Share Topic