Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzieq616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:25pm
Make sure that he knows all aspects of your relationship like important dates, family members, etc.  He should know all kinds of things about your life here in Canada.  These are the sort of things that they are looking for.
PeopleSpeakOut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeopleSpeakOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 11:22am

HI EVERYONE:

FOUND MY WAY TO THE NEW SITE.    DID ANYONE EXPERIENCE DIFFICULTY THIS MORNING  USING ECAS?  MY E-CAS CURRENTLY SHOWS IN PROCESS AND WHEN I TRY TO CLICK ON IT FOR DETAILS  IT LOGS ME OUT AND STATES " YOUR SESSION HAS EXPIRED DUE TO INACTIVITY OR AN INCORRECT PAGE REQUEST".   MAYBE THERE WAS A SCHEDULED  CLEAN UP OF THE SERVER.

Edited by PeopleSpeakOut - 06 Dec 2009 at 11:24am
"The Lord Is My Light And My Salvation"
Oheneba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oheneba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:19pm

Welcome aboard PSO, glad you found your way here. Any news with your discusions with the MP's.

It appears the Nairobi Office is taking the heat from the media and are thus moving files faster now. A whole bunch of the folks on that forum have received request to redo medicals or updates infor or submit passports  since October and November.
As for Accra, one is yet to see any real action.!!
Freedom is To Do What you Like
Happiness is to Like What you Do!!
PeopleSpeakOut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeopleSpeakOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:07pm

Hi Ohebena,

Thanks for the warm greeting!.    Last week, I received two follow up communications via email from the Office of Foreign Affairs and MP's office.   My concerns have been acknowledged and now I am waiting for a positive resolve addressing the processing times in Accra, Ghana.  

My husbands application is at the Accra officeOuch!!!   There has been some processing developments in Accra and  expecting a status update soon.  With advance technology and via access to computers there is no reason why most qualified applications are not processed with in that 6 months window.  Pony Express and mail bags have almost become obsolete~. 

Edited by PeopleSpeakOut - 06 Dec 2009 at 6:14pm
"The Lord Is My Light And My Salvation"
Oheneba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oheneba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
Yeah! You right on that one.

Freedom is To Do What you Like
Happiness is to Like What you Do!!
gggomez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:24pm
thank everyone for all those suggestions, we will be putting them to good use. I have already warned my hubby about the IO with the initials KS been reading how nasty she is!
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:24pm
Oh, also make sure he doesn't touch his hands to area near or on mouth because the interrogator will interpret that as "guilty" of "whatever they want to label him as"  especially if he is a Black Muslim married to an older Caucasian woman.

Hazangel, I am almost as frustrated as you are with your case---unbelievable delays tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GildaNewBrunswick - 07 Dec 2009 at 3:18pm
robyng65 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:44pm
suzie, hazangel, gilda and others....keep me informed on your news and updates on the IAD, Appeals thread....I am dealing with Islamabad and not Accra, but I care alot about your cases and am always hoping your good news comes soon and let you know we are still waiting for our full appeal date, could be 3,6, or 12 months away, I hate living in the dark.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 6:49am
Ggomez

Also your husband should give his answer to KS firmly.  Don't let her convince him to change his opinion on anything he decided.  For instance, my husband stated that he did not want kids when asked.  But KS stated "It is very important in Ghanaian culture to have children?" ---a questioning statement and he was stressed and did not know what to say to that.  He was very easily intimidated not being used to interviews especially when the pressure was on.  We did not know how things were conducted at interviews and had not done any research, presuming truthfullness would suffice.  She will make accusatory statements about his motives, possibly.   The solution is to stand firm.  My husband even forgot all he knew which shocked me and now here we wait for an appeal.  I think maybe he would have felt more comfortable with a male speaking Hausa or even maybe French.  We learn from our mistakes.  Good Luck!
gggomez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:28pm

Thanks Gilda. One of the things we were going to do while I am here in the gambia was to compile some evidence of our relationship and send it to them by mail cause its cheaper to do that from here than canada. Should we wait and take the evidence to the interview or just send it now. His interview is oin the 27th of jan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 59>
  Share Topic