Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oheneba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:25am
Thanks ladies for sharing. It is even more depressing for my wife whose friends get to live with thier fiances in the UK after performing ordinary engagement in Ghana. That leads people asking her constantly when are you joining your husband.

The Canadian spousal immigration program is really out of touch with reality. This lengthy separation of spouses never happens in the immigration programs of the other countries with which Canada compares as peers viz, UK, Australia, New-Zealand and even US.
hazangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:37am
Does someone, ANYONE have any good news for us?!?!?!

STILL no news on my end..Hubby had to go back to the DMP to fill out a "new" form that the doctor didnt know about.Thus, ANOTHER  trip to Accra (more gas, more wear and tear on the car,more time away from the business)..This is probably his 5th trip since they started "reprocessing"..
Ohen, I'm sure you know what the drive is like from Kumasi to Accra.. I guess I shouldnt complain because it means they are working on our file..I just wish they would stop working and instead COMPLETE the darn thing!!!!! I dont think it's ROCKET SCIENCE.Censored

I hope more people find their way here so we can continue to support one another..If any group needs it, it's us.. CRAPPRA really is perpetuating the "single married" person..( I have to remember to add that phrase to my BEST SELLING BOOK!!! ) LOLOLOL

Take care everyone and stay strongHug

Edited by hazangel - 04 Dec 2009 at 11:43am
AYA
"fern"
symbol of endurance and resourcefulness
"An individual who wears this symbol suggests that he has endured many adversities and outlasted much difficulty."
suzieq616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzieq616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:51pm
Man, what do they do over there?  Come up with another sheet of paper that has to be signed as an excuse for not getting their work completed?  It is so frustrating.  It is like they want to prolong the pain as long as they possibly can.  This really sucks!!
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 12:57pm
No news here yet either. We were really hoping for something this week. My husband went to check at the post office this afternoon in case they've sent his medical redo forms, but since I haven't heard from him, I'm assuming there wasn't anything there.

Guess we're going to be doing another inquiry through our MP on Monday. Monday is also the one and only ultrasound I get... Daddy's going to miss seeing the baby for the first time. How sucky is that?!
gggomez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gggomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:28pm
finally! my husband got his inteerview date. Wouldn't you know they would have to give it to him just at about the same time I am leaving the gambia. Anyway thanks to you guys for pushing me to push the MP it worked.Wink
hazangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 3:48pm
That's good news gggomez. Make sure your hubby knows that application inside out (he may think he does, but after so much time, he should review it)..
If there is enough time, order CAIPS..If we had we would have known exactly what their  "concerns" were and therefore would have come more prepared..(ie: more proof of living together etc)
Also, be prepared in case they call you.

Good luck we are all routing for you guys!!
AYA
"fern"
"An individual who wears this symbol suggests that he has endured many adversities and outlasted much difficulty."
yere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:08pm

GGG-FINALLY!!

Some advice re the interview-They often try to unnerve you with questions/comments such as "We have suspicions about you" "We don't believe you're age in the application" "We don't believe your religion"-Things like that. I believe those things are done to make you nervous. It doesn't seem the comment/questions are necessarily true they want to see how you react to it.

My advice is for your man to be confident and calm-don't let them "rent space in his head". When my husband was asked such questions he responded with "Ok-what suspicions do you have?" (of course they had nothing to say other then "we don't know we have to review your file"). I think I suggested you to get CAIPS. They take about 5 weeks from the time you send it out. Not sure how far away your interview is. The CAIPS will give you an indication of what their concerns are (because if they are interviewing they have some sort of concerns).

One other thing that came up with friends of ours-their medicals were expired at the wife's interview last month and the staff never mentioned it or gave them the medical re-do forms. I would recommend your husband ask them about the re-do forms. My husband asked at the interview and the staff filled them out and gave them to him on the same day. This speeds things up.

Good Luck to you both
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:28pm
Would have been nice to know this before my husband's interview. They definitely got inside his head. It still makes me see red when the IO told him, "I suspect you." He, naturally, said, "of what?" And she goes, "umm, I don't know. I'd have to look at your file again." WTF?!
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 6:32pm
leappiah, I can understand being in fight or flight mode and not catching the IO hesitating and having to look in the file.

What asses. Sorry for your trouble, hope it goes well in the end.
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
hazangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 7:15pm
My husband's interrogator ( I mean IO)Wink used another tactic..She pretended to be understanding and kind HA!!! Either way, make sure he doesnt say too much, doesnt lose his cool and tell him to make eye contact when answering the questions.

Edited by hazangel - 04 Dec 2009 at 7:18pm
AYA
"fern"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
  Share Topic