Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accra, Ghana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonelyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 7:01pm
Hello everyone, i'm really confused here and i would love some help. just applied for sponsorship and all dt stuff for my husband. he moved to nigeria from london, england. prior to dt, he really didnt have a gud status, bt that didnt stop me cos i loved him. 2yrs later, we have a lil boy who's 4mths now and in nigeria because i cant afford to loo after him while completing my pregrad hrs(im a full time nursing student). we sent in d application via my lawyer's office late march 2011 and he actually had his interview today sept 13, 2011. the officer didnt refuse him but she also didnt approve. she just told him dt they would get bac to him. at this point, i'm stressed out n have been crying all day, i have contacted my MP in my north yor region and also for the city of toronto. the mp for toronto response was that i shud try my north york region first and if not satisfied, to get back to them. i confess i prefer toronto;s mp costhe lady i spoked to, explained what they could do for me and that made me comfortable as opposed to that of north york. pls what do you guyz think? im really sad and i want to be with my family again. pls help
want my family
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:20am
Lonelyone

He had his interview yesterday---what do u expect the government to do for u?

He had his interview within a reasonable time period.

If u miss your family maybe u should have kept your child with u.

Most of us waited 30 days for an answer after interview.

This is not an easy process--we all want to have our family with us.
P2D2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P2D2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 1:58am

Hello everyone. There is this important poll at CBC (http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2011/10/question-of-the-day-464.html).

I request everyone to vote NO at the CBC website link provided above. The poll question is, "Should Canada limit the number of parents and grandparents that it allows to immigrate?" Just vote NO if you want to sponsor your parents in future and would like them to immigrate to Canada!

Minister Jason Kenney wants to stop the Parents and Grandparents stream of the Family Class Immigration program, or put limits (caps) on the number of applications CIC accepts. Just like the limits of the Federal Skilled Worker program and the moratorium (stoppage) of the Investors program. So just vote NO and rate the comments by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" button. Some of the comments posted on the CBC website are full of hate, anger and mis-information against immigrant parents and grandparents. You can also leave your own comments to clarify the matter and show them your point of view.

So please, everyone, visit http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2011/10/question-of-the-day-464.html vote NO and rate the bad comments "Thumbs Down". Please do it for your parents' and grandparents' sake immediately.

God Bless.

nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 5:17pm

I am about to send my application to sponsor my wife in Ghana? Could you guys tell me the name of the immigration office that will be processing my application? I heard they waste so much time on reuniting love once so i am already scared. Could anyone have any advise for me since this is the first time i have ever tried to sponsor someone?

Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
lkretai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkretai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:15pm
All I can say is good luck and have patience!  My husband and I applied for his PRV October 15, 2007.  We were eventually refused in March 2010 and then had our appeal heard June 23, 2011.  The appeal was granted and sent back.  We are still waiting to here ANYTHING from the visa post.  EVEN THOUGH the appeal states that the PRV is to be processed immediately without further delay.  SIGH.  The way the Visa Post in Accra operates is criminal!Angry   
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GildaNewBrunswick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 9:37am
I hope u hear soon.  I was told the case goes to Ottawa first now.  I saw something about a new procedure in wherby they process all non complicated cases in Ottawa and then direct the visa office concerned to issue the visa.  I need to look for that again.  It was supposed to be implemented in Sep 2011.  My case was heard Sep 2011 so I am wondering what will happen with ours.
The Minister's Council did mention going back to Accra after Ottawa though.  One of the delays in allowed cases is the time they take to get the completed documents to Ottawa.  They both said it could be 2 months but would try for 1 month.  I don't know what we can count on anymore!

I would consider our case non-complicated.
lkretai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkretai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:15pm

Hmmph.  I've kind of given up on the system.  Our process has been a nightmare, truly.

Applied October 2007

Permanent Residence Visa granted August 2008

PRV REVOKED August 2008 (Poison Pen - unfounded)

Denied March 2010 (citing failure to provide document, which was provided (crossed in mail) - proof given)

Appeal filed May 2010 (requested it be sent back to visa post, denied and told to go to appeal)

Appeal hearing 23 June 2011, appeal granted (with apology from Minister's Counsel, saying that it should have never come to appeal because the document was provided in March 2010)

October 2011 STILL WAITING...

So imagine our frustration.  I hear there are people out there with worse stories...  *sigh*  Again I question how the visa posts are allowed to treat people as they do.
Frustratedmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frustratedmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:14am
I am so angry and frustrated with this system, I hope someone here can help me.

Married Dec 2006
Applied for my husband March 2007
Application refused March 2009 on grounds of misrepresentation of identity. Letter stated that his birth certificate was a fradulent backdated document.
put in appeal June 2009
ADR hearing Dec 2010: was advised to reapply by minister's counsel and submit brand new birth certificate.
Reapplied March 2011
Interview Sept 1 2011
Denied again Sept 23 2011 on the same grounds of misrepresentation of identity.
They state that his identity documents make it impossible to do a reliable criminal and security check. After being told the marriage is not in question at the ADR and by the interviewing officer Carline Medee, the letter stated that the marriage certificate provided had only been generated for the purpose of the sponsorship application.
In the process of another appeal.

So confused, even if I reapply, what new documents can we now provide, since it seems CIC does not trust anything from Nigeria.

We have two sons ages 4 and 2 who are being raised as if they do not have a father. Thanks to CIC who do not seem to care about the impact their decisions have on families.  
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 7:54am
Hey guys keep the Accra forum going good job
Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
lkretai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkretai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 8:58am
I hear you Frustratedmom.... We've been in the process for over four years now and there seems to be no end in sight.  They tried to say that my husbands birth records were in question because he got them so late after his birth but his mother signed a written affidavit stating his date of birth.  Our marriage has not been questioned, rather our eventual undoing was a "poison pen" document making false allegations against my husband that went unfounded but cast enough doubt in the Accra office's mind to revoke his PRV and, eventually, refuse us based on grounds of security.  However, the appeal hearing negated their grounds and has since sent back our application for continued processing.  We pray that they will continue to process it without any more hassle but don't hold our breath.  My husband and I have not yet had children, but desperately want to start a family.  This is of great concern to me because I am not getting any younger!  It has be so hard living apart.  I have been back twice to visit but money has prevented me from making additional trips... IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!  And I agree with you, the CIC do not seem to care about the impact their decision is having on families.     

Edited by lkretai - 15 Nov 2011 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
  Share Topic