Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

leapFROG?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leapFROG?
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:01am

We received a letter from our CIC office indicating the following:

-initial assessment of my application completed
-interview waived
-suggest to pay right of PR fee
-request for up to date police clearance

It is disappointing that I have not foreseen that a call for PCs is to follow, adding another 30-60 day delay. I have previously provided these documents but "PC certificates have a limited validity".

The waiting just goes on and on and on....

Now I wonder what else am I missing???

NOV 18 10 - MEDICAL
DEC 06 10 - CPC-M
JAN 07 11 - DM: SPONSOR APPROVED
JAN 14 11 - CIC-AU
APR 05 11 - PC REQUEST
MAY 21 11 - PPR
JUN 08 11 - VISA, COPR
AUG 22 11 - LANDED
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:57am
It depends. I would assume that the PC is the only thing they need from you. And they normally give 90 days to subbmit the PC (which they did in our case). We submitted the PC within 2 weeks, but they took exactly 90 days before approving our visa.

Good Luck
adab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:03am
Hey. Thanks for your post.  CIC is giving us 60 days to resubmit requested PCs. And I'm not sure whether our 8 month processing time started in January (AOR) or March (ECAS-IN PROCESS). We're just hoping for the best.

What was your next step after receiving notice of PR approval?
NOV 18 10 - MEDICAL
DEC 06 10 - CPC-M
JAN 07 11 - DM: SPONSOR APPROVED
JAN 14 11 - CIC-AU
APR 05 11 - PC REQUEST
MAY 21 11 - PPR
JUN 08 11 - VISA, COPR
AUG 22 11 - LANDED
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:58am

Do you mean after our PR application was approved? If so, then after we submitted the PC exactly after 90 days and 2 weeks they sent us passport request to stamp our PR visa on it.

gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:59am
If they gave you 60 days, that means your next Bring Forward date is after this 60 days. Or earlier, could be also possible. I think it depends on visa office.
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:01am
And also I think this 8 months processing time that they tell about is always confusing. Which also depends on visa office that you are going through
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic