Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

further evidence of relationship as spouses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdulali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: further evidence of relationship as spouses
    Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 11:01pm

Hello,

Recently I was interviewed in Buffalo, but the VO did not make final decision on my application for PR under spousal sponsorship, and required additional further evidence of our relationship as spouses, especially after the marriage. But We did all our best, and provided her all required documents, proofs listed on the checklist and guidelines.

My situation is that I am living in the US legally as an international student, doing my master degree, and I loved and married with Cuban who has PR in Canada, and almost we have married more than a year. We have decided to live together in Canada after my graduation. She lives in Canada with my grandmother now. By the way, I have relatives there. Due to my full time study, We are living apart, but I did a lot of travels to live with her even for the short times, almost every month I did. She cannot come to live with me, because of Cuba Citizen, tried to apply for US visa, but was unsuccessful. So I did all travels to Canada. And always We almost every day kept in touch with phone, skypein call, mail, chats when we were apart and every visit, We tried to make more proofs like photos, receipts etc. For information, We also have proofs till the marriage like photos, bills, chats, photos from wedding ceremony etc.

I am trying to explain briefly my situation; now my concern is what will be your suggestion and comments in this case. VO asked me that give me some proofs that show your further evidence of your relationship as spouses, like joint bank accounts, insurance, something that connects both of you. But in my situation, We are not capable to provide like this documents because I live in US, She live in Canada, both have separate account, separate insurance now, of course we will have joint account, insurance, rent when we live together soon.

I will appreciate that please feed me back if you have any idea, experience on this case. What kind of evidence we can provide? And What will be the final of the process, because VO give me two months. After two month, she said If I could not provide sufficient evidence, she would reject the application .

Thanks in advance.

destanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 6:42am
Even though you live apart, it is still possible to show a "connection". Do either of you have a life insurance policy? If so, name the other as the beneficiary. Can you list the other as an "occasional driver" on your auto insurance policy? This is usually free-of-charge. If I think of anything else, I'll post it here. Good luck!
22Nov10 Mailed out FBI req
19Jan11 FBI Certificate recvd
24Jan11 Medical completed
11Feb11 Application recvd @ Mississauga
10Mar11 Decision Made
10Mar11 Sent to Buffalo
24Mar11 Buffalo rcvd
palindromes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palindromes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 2:54pm
You can have joint accounts in both Canada and the US. I am Canadian and my wife is American and we have joint accounts in both countries =)

Good luck!
Tash
9/22/10 Married
3/18/11 App Sent
3/22/11 App Received
4/20/11 Sponsorship Approved
5/5/11 App Received (Buffalo)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic