Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRP please help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRP please help
    Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:11am
hello all!
i already posted a thread in the forum(the old one) but nobody answered me on this.
please, if somebody can help,help
im married to a canadian citizen, but i have criminal record(till 2011) so i cant go to canada through the normal route.i need temporary resident permit.
i wanna try prepare my papers by myself, so i need to know exactly which papers i need for that.ive read all the cic official pages, forums and etc but i still need an answer from experienced person.please make that favor and help.next week im starting translating all the papers which i have at the moment-conviction paper from the court and marriage papers.
what these 'three docs from a respected autorities/persons'' means ? what more i need than that and the medical test? marriage proof?
thanks in advance.vladimir,bulgaria
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:25am
Before we go any further - are you going to be eligible to apply for rehabilitation in 2011 or...?
Where do you get the 2011 date from?

Originally posted by bamboo forest bamboo forest wrote:

hello all!
i already posted a thread in the forum(the old one) but nobody answered me on this.
please, if somebody can help,help
im married to a canadian citizen, but i have criminal record(till 2011) so i cant go to canada through the normal route.i need temporary resident permit.
i wanna try prepare my papers by myself, so i need to know exactly which papers i need for that.ive read all the cic official pages, forums and etc but i still need an answer from experienced person.please make that favor and help.next week im starting translating all the papers which i have at the moment-conviction paper from the court and marriage papers.
what these 'three docs from a respected autorities/persons'' means ? what more i need than that and the medical test? marriage proof?
thanks in advance.vladimir,bulgaria
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
bamboo forest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:31am
i was convicted in ''public disorder and resisting the arrest'' and that in bulgaria is under one code. the court gave me 4 months prison with 3 years of suspending of the sentence. this happened in april 2008. by the canadian law there are two different codes for that crime, and resisting the arrest is making the troubles for my papers. im sure i cant try with the permanent residence and the only way is trv.
so i cant try for PR even after 2011.the first date is 2013 unfortunatelly.(5 years after imposing the sentence)

Edited by bamboo forest - 03 Jan 2010 at 6:33am
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:52am
See I ask because it's not an automatic - you'd still have to apply for rehabilitation.
You had to Did you have probation or community sentence after your prison term?
if no, when did you complete your prison term?
Has this been a problem for you w/Canada or are you assuming?

i was convicted in ''public disorder and resisting the arrest'' and that in bulgaria is under one code. the court gave me 4 months prison with 3 years of suspending of the sentence. this happened in april 2008. by the canadian law there are two different codes for that crime, and resisting the arrest is making the troubles for my papers. im sure i cant try with the permanent residence and the only way is trv.
so i cant try for PR even after 2011.the first date is 2013 unfortunatelly.(5 years after imposing the sentence)

Edited by IslandGirl - 03 Jan 2010 at 6:52am
My previous profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:39am
this sentence is kind of probation. suspended sentence. after 2011 my record should be clear. but still i cant try with PR till 2013.i dont have any community sentences nor going to sign every day at the police station. i just have 4 months prison and if im senteced in the next 3 years i should go in the prison for 4 months+ the months till the end of the sentence. but ofcourse im not going to :)
i dont have any restrictions,bans,Supervision,Compulsory (unpaid) work or whatever.

i cant understand your last question.
what you mean is this has been a problem for my wife? -no she is canadian and the only problem for her is that next time when she come in bulgaria must pay 100 euros cos she overstayed the visa last time.

PS.now i found the right sentence. conditional discharge

Edited by bamboo forest - 03 Jan 2010 at 7:47am
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:48am
Okay sorry - maybe I misunderstood - is this a case where, if you stay out of trouble for the prescribed time (3 yrs) then the charges are dismissed & your record is totally cleared afterward?
What I meant is - have you attempted to get a visa (if required - can't remember) and you've been denied because of this? Or have you tried to come to Canada before & been told that you can't because of your charges?

this sentence is kind of probation. suspended sentence. after 2011 my record should be clear. but still i cant try with PR till 2013.i dont have any community sentences nor going to sign every day at the police station. i just have 4 months prison and if im senteced in the next 3 years i should go in the prison for 4 months+ the months till the end of the sentence. but ofcourse im not going to :)
i dont have any restrictions,bans,Supervision,Compulsory (unpaid) work or whatever.

i cant understand your last question.
what you mean is this has been a problem for my wife? -no she is canadian and the only problem for her is that next time when she come in bulgaria must pay 100 euros cos she overstayed the visa last time.
My previous profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:19am
ive never tryed.
i dont have money just for tryes:) im looking for something sure(trp isnt sure but still the chance is bigger right?) thats why i wanna know which papers exactly i need.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:40am
See, I think your problem is going to be that you haven't tried "normal" routes yet

From IP1 Temporary Resident Permits

Normally, persons who do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act are refused permanent resident or temporary resident visas abroad, denied entry at a port of entry, or refused processing within Canada. In some cases, however, there may be compelling reasons for an officer to issue a temporary resident permit to allow a person who does not meet the requirements of the Act to enter or remain in Canada. 
Temporary resident permits should not be used to restore the temporary resident status of a
visitor, student or worker when their status has expired. 

As far as cost - a TRP is $200 whereas a single entry visa fee is $75 and a multiple is $150
I really, really think you are going to need to apply for a visitor visa first before you make the automatic assumption that you're going to be refused.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

ive never tryed.
i dont have money just for tryes:) im looking for something sure(trp isnt sure but still the chance is bigger right?) thats why i wanna know which papers exactly i need.
My previous profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bamboo forest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:10am
thanks, but why should i pay for TRV when i know i will be refused. -->The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply" cic
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 10:27am
Well the TRP is not certain either. You could pay for it and still be refused. Any application that anyone makes can be refused and the fees are still not refundable.

thanks, but why should i pay for TRV when i know i will be refused. -->The
          fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you
          are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply" cic
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic