Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR RENEWAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR RENEWAL
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:46am
Background

• My Wife and Son, both are in Canada since Sept.2007.
  • They have already got the PR RENEWAL

Myself and Daughter:

A) MY SELF AND MY DAUGHTER

• We  have been to Canada on holidays but could not complete the obligation of Two years Permanent Residency criteria due to SOME AVOIDABLE REASONS:

QUESTIONS:

A)    How can I renew my and my daughter’s Permanent Residency Card?

B)    Me and my daughter renewal--- will it be on Humanitarian and Family Compensate ground? OR how we can apply?

C)    As both my Daughter and myself will be getting British Passport by Nov.09, will it going to impact my status with CanadaWhat’s the possibility of getting PR for me and my Daughter?

D)    How quickly we can get the renewal and when we should apply?

E)     Do I and my daughter need to come to Canada or my wife can file the case on behalf of us?

rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:25am
Did you and your daughter become PR also on Sept 2007?
If yes, then you should still be PR but you will need to come to Canada before Sept 10 and once you arrive you will need to stay for 2 years.
Remember the obligation is to be in Canada for out of 5 years.
Therefore Sept 2007 - Sept 2010 is 3 years then as long as you are ni Canada from Sept 2010 - Sept 2012 you have fulfilled the obligation. 
raj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:33am
Thanks for your reply
 but we become ALL LANDED in Canada in March 2005 but came back to UK after one month, then my wife and son went in Sept.07 and since they are in Canada als also got the renewal for another five years menas now they have till 2015

as me and my daughter does not complete two years  so now we want to apply under under humanitarian and compassionate ground canada
but do i need to be in canada to apply  and is it simple or do i need any Lawyer?
as my PR card is still valid till march 2010 can they stop me entering Canada?
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 11:20am
I believe your wife will need to simply sponsor you and your daughter under the Spousal Sponsorship  Outside Canada application.
No lawyer needed.
You can use a consultant to verify the paperwork before you send it if you are not comfortable filling it all out.
The standard application fees:
$75 sponsorship
$475 applicant
$490 Right of Permenant Resident Fee
$150 For dependant child

Takes on average 6-8 months.
raj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:04pm

Hi Thanks for your advice

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:45am
Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age in 30 years and get passport in 40 years with tears. Cry
gowtham_pt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gowtham_pt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:01pm
HI there,

I got my Permanent residence as Skilled worker class in less than 6 months. Its very fast after 2008 feb27th. even few of my friends got in less than one year.

Gowtham
edo-san View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 10:41pm
Hi MOD,

I just noticed that you posted this in all the threads here...I wonder why?

Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age in 30 years and get passport in 40 years with tears. Cry
THREAD FOUNDER

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Edo-San
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:42am
Its very good then I am sure you are enjoying and the most happiest person on the world.

Originally posted by gowtham_pt gowtham_pt wrote:

HI there,

I got my Permanent residence as Skilled worker class in less than 6 months. Its very fast after 2008 feb27th. even few of my friends got in less than one year.

Gowtham
must7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote must7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:21am
Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

Its very good then I am sure you are enjoying and the most happiest person on the world.

Originally posted by gowtham_pt gowtham_pt wrote:

HI there,

Gowtham

Hahaha .. well said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic