Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

filing an in-land application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: filing an in-land application
    Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:13pm
hello there!i came here in canada last oct of 2010 and im 5 months already here,i came under live-in caregiver program and my husband is a permanent residence holder already.just wondering if 

Q: can  i file an out-land application for permanent residency here under the sponsorship of my husband eventhough im working as a caregiver here?
Q: in this case of filing,should i return to philippines if my application is being processed?
thank you and i do hope someone can help me about this...more power..
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:28pm
Hi

Originally posted by angelparnes angelparnes wrote:

hello there!i came here in canada last oct of 2010 and im 5 months already here,i came under live-in caregiver program and my husband is a permanent residence holder already.just wondering if 

Q: can  i file an out-land application for permanent residency here under the sponsorship of my husband eventhough im working as a caregiver here?

Q: in this case of filing,should i return to philippines if my application is being processed?

thank you and i do hope someone can help me about this...more power..

1. Yes.
2. No need, unless you have to attend an interview. I assume you were admitted for at least year on your LCP work permit, so you actually could select Buffalo as the processing office. I would only select Buffalo if you have a US visitor visa.
PMM
angelparnes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelparnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:42pm

thank you for your reply my friend..actually i'm a filipino and my nationality is philippines,i've completed already my in-land application and ready to send to vegreville already,but the problem is,i'm still waiting for the notice of assessment of 2011 of my husband since it is one of his  requirements as my sponsor.could i just send my application to immig.while waiting the notice of assessment?

thanks for replying,i really appreciate it.:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic