Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16 weeks delay?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgowreesunker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16 weeks delay?
    Posted: 13 Mar 2011 at 11:29pm
Hello Friends,

I applied for the renewal of my work permit after a positive LMO. My application was received on 2nd November 2010.

On March 2nd 2011, I got a letter which says that the process will take longer than anticipated, and I will be given a reply within 16 weeks.

Is that normal? or is there a problem in my application?
visitor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 8:58pm
If you applied for the extension before the expiry of your WP with all necessary supporting documentation then there is nothing to worry about. You are in implied status meaning you can work until the decision is made.

JGK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 10:47pm
you can find the current processing times here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
Set out to leave the first vapour trail in the blue-sky scenario.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic