Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asked to leave Canada. can I return?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asked to leave Canada. can I return?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 11:08am
Hi,

I was recently in Canada on a work permit from the UK, I had an employer who wanted to sponsor me staying and working in Canada and we made an application to the Canadian high commission. I was being sponsored under the Live in Caregiver program and I had received my LMO however I went down to Seattle to apply for my work permit and they refused the visa application on the grounds that I did not meet the experience required to be approved under this program, so I made my way back to Canada and at the border crossing I was told that I had to leave Canada as my work permit had expired and my new application for work was denied. I told the official I was intending to apply for another visa while in Canada as I had visitor status and was not staying there illegally, however she said that she would not permit me to do that on the grounds that she thought I may be seeking permanent residency even though I had proof that I intended to leave Canada via airline if my visa was denied again. I had 7 days to leave Canada which I did, I have recently returned to the UK, my home, and making a new application to work in Canada. I want to know if what has happened will affect any future application I make to work in Canada? I did nothing illegal and I realise this will all be on my record, I want to know if there is anything I can do as I want to work in Canada again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic