Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents visa - Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents visa - Please help!
    Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 9:01pm
Hi

we (me & my wife) are permanant resident in Canada. We would like to invite my parents to visit us (temporary visitor visa) in may 2011. We bought a house recently and my wife is due in mid May.

I have heard that if i apply my parents by stating the due date of my wife, there is a high chance of rejecting the visa. So it is adviceable to apply by saying that they are visting me and showing the documents of the new house only, don't mention anything about my wife's due date.

My parents are in Sri lanka.

Could somebody help me with this

Thanks in advance

Dil
yellow_jacket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow_jacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:31pm
A truth goes a long way, however many cases like yours were rejected.

Check out the definition of work in the regulations.

You can get away with inviting your In-Laws over to see the baby which is a logical reason for them to visit. Inviting the In-Laws over so they can take care of the baby while the parents go back to work-----think long on how you word your invitation letter.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic