Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TRV FOR WIFE, WHILE SPONSORSHIP IS UNDER PROCESS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRV FOR WIFE, WHILE SPONSORSHIP IS UNDER PROCESS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRV FOR WIFE, WHILE SPONSORSHIP IS UNDER PROCESS
    Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 6:41pm

Dear Friends,

What are the chances of obtaining the TRV for spouse whose sposnsorship is approved but PR case is still under process at the visa office. ?

Anyone have such experience, pleae share 
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by calgarian calgarian wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Dear Friends,

What are the chances of obtaining the TRV for spouse whose sposnsorship is approved but PR case is still under process at the visa office. ?

There had been cases of approved visitor visa for spouses with PR in progress.

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 10:54pm
Hi

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Originally posted by calgarian calgarian wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Dear Friends,

There had been cases of approved visitor visa for spouses with PR in progress.

But very few and far between.

PMM
EgyCan View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EgyCan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 2:39pm
I have the same problem here! Feedback plz :o(
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

But very few and far between.

Yes, but you'll never know you could get lucky. Have you tried reading on dual intent? Just a thought. From another forum:

Dual Intent refers to the concurrent processing of an application for Permanent Residence and an application for Temporary Status, therefore demonstrating the intention to both reside in Canada permanently and only temporarily, at the same time.
. . .

An individual whose application for Permanent Residence in Canada is pending is subject to the same requirements as others when seeking entry into Canada temporarily. The individual should therefore have a reasonable purpose for entry, be prepared to leave Canada at the end of the temporary stay and understand that if a Canada Immigration Visa is issued, he or she must leave and re-enter Canada in order to officially land as a Permanent Resident.

akinmike1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akinmike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:53pm
In my case, I have not applied for PR for my family though I am a Canadian Citizen. I only applied for TVR visa for them in December, 2009.

I thought the TVR Visa was issued to my family based on the fact that they were presently in the US and hold a valid US visa valid for the next three years and it is extendable as long as I have a job on the US. However, I am planning to push in thier PR application in May, 2010.

My advice to people is that they should apply for TRV first with proof and evidence that that they have strong and strong ties and evidence of leaving Canada after their visit

Thanks,

Akinmike
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 2:52pm
Clarification re dual intent:
As a practical matter, the citation given by job_seeker is far more applicable to PR applicants from visa-exempt countries and, based on extensive reports is rarely applied to PR applicants seeking a visitor's visa from a country which is not visa-exempt. The observation by PMM, that visitor visas granted PR applicants are "very few and far between" is not only accurate but perhaps an understatement -- every report I have seen of a PR applicant (from a country not visa exempt) being granted a visitor visa involved a person with a background/history distinguishing them from general population of PR applicants seeking to visit Canada while the PR app is in process . . . like a frequent international traveler who has previously visited Canada.

Sure, yeah, no harm in spending the time and money to apply, but there is little point in hoping that the visitor visa will be granted, and, most of all, so one can pretty well count on it NOT being granted.

The last post probably does offer the better route to take, that is, to apply before making the PR app . . . but, importantly, one has to be careful to not make misrepresentations of fact or intent in doing so, for any misrepresentations can undermine a subsequent PR app. (From what I have seen, one of the common errors some make is to deny the existence of a significant relationship with someone in Canada, or a misrepresentation as to their reasons for visiting . . . it is not worth risking the long term for what is convenient in the short term.)
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dadalogo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadalogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 12:32pm
do i need a letter of invitation to enter canada as a tourist from africa?
racergurl55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racergurl55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 3:10pm
My husbands application for a TRV was just approved. His PR is also in process and has been for 11 months.

Our circumstances may be a bit different then most as he has already had 4 or 5 cdn TRV's and we applied in NY which is not the embassy processing his PR - although we made it clear on the application that he has a PR in process - to be up front.

Anyhow - I was sure that it was impossible and that it would be refused - but it wasnt - so YES it is possible to get a TRV while a PR is in progress.
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 3:45pm
Depending on the circumstances of your family who is currently in the US they may be Visa Exempt to enter Canada anyway

Check the bottom of the page of the following link:

Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

-Point 1 is a list of countries that are Visa Exempt
-Point 2 indicates:
  • persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence
  • Unlike the US where you MUST get a Visa to enter the US even if you are a Canadian PR holder but originally come from a country that is not exempt

In Canada as long as you are a US green card holder it does not matter what country you originate from. You are Visa Exempt.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic