Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Timeline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aarqueue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:31am

@Mary Chad - Thanks, I really hope so! I'm glad you're done with the process. Can't wait to say the same about myself Big smile

Thanks again for your reply.
vinuge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinuge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 6:36pm
Oath & Citizenship certificate received yesterday at Mississauga, after a 3year+ wait post test centre RQ.
As Judge ended the ceremony asking us to be thankful to staff of CIC...I was thinking of different oddities in my case...
1. I believe mine was a 'quota RQ' entry (quota is my POV...!)
2. no action on my file for over 3 years - at least from what I see in my ATIF docs

3. My oath invite sent to my old residence, despite address change in the system (change confirmed by the Contact Centre rep and in my online profile)

4. Online status - still showing as 'under processing'. I only hope that I do not get another set of Oath invites in my new residence, when the online process gets completed!

All the best in your wait folks

V
Rqcadet View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:36pm
Congrats Vinuge!!!

What do u mean by quota RQ?

Even I have changed my address in 2012, just wondering if they will end up sending any letters to old address because I hae no contacts with the new owners now.

But online the address shows changed and also the call centre agents keep confirming the new address.
vinuge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinuge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:43pm
Hi,

on quota rq...I was hypothesizing that my case would have been selected to fill some internal quota of rqs. I feel this way as there was no work on my file that I can see. It's like they dat on my file for three years and said ok, now it's three years let's send the oath letter. I'm sure some valid reason exists for my rq and sitting on my file for the years. But from my vantage point I don't see any... Hence my view that it's some sort of quota being filled.

As for the address change my case also I'd changed it online, and the agent confirmed it, and my profile showed new address. So don't know how this landed at my old address.

greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Congrats Vinuge!!!

What do u mean by quota RQ?

Even I have changed my address in 2012, just wondering if they will end up sending any letters to old address because I hae no contacts with the new owners now.

But online the address shows changed and also the call centre agents keep confirming the new address.
that's saaad to hear and this is not the firs post that indicated the oath letter came to old address(
for my waiting time I changed 3 addresses OuchOuchOuch
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by vinuge vinuge wrote:

Hi,

on quota rq...I was hypothesizing that my case would have been selected to fill some internal quota of rqs. I feel this way as there was no work on my file that I can see. It's like they dat on my file for three years and said ok, now it's three years let's send the oath letter. I'm sure some valid reason exists for my rq and sitting on my file for the years. But from my vantage point I don't see any... Hence my view that it's some sort of quota being filled.

As for the address change my case also I'd changed it online, and the agent confirmed it, and my profile showed new address. So don't know how this landed at my old address.

was that old address the one you mentioned in RQ? 
I guess they use that one, not updated oneDeadDead

oath- Dec , 2014
vinuge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinuge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 10:59pm
Greeny

your timeline looks closer to mine, you may want to call the call centre and ask if any mails were sent out to your old addresses! And given its over 3 years since your rq date you can ask for why the delay. Assume you've done the ATIF.

greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by vinuge vinuge wrote:

Greeny

your timeline looks closer to mine, you may want to call the call centre and ask if any mails were sent out to your old addresses! And given its over 3 years since your rq date you can ask for why the delay. Assume you've done the ATIF.

thank you, but just asking again
if that address - old one - was that you have on Rq or not?
I just want to figure that out and do canada post transfer from all my old addresses

oath- Dec , 2014
montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 4:48pm
Hey,

(Apologies if someone has already commented on this.)
The time-line for processing of non-routine applications has been reduced to 35 months for 80% of the cases.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

So, those of you that haven't reached 36 months yet and are being told to wait until that mark, know that you now have the right to make inquiries at 35 months. (The call centre should send a message to your local office at 35 months.)

Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
sagafemina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:17pm
The link from the above announcement http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872799 (1 Aug 14)  which was republished from http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832329 (pub 2/14, with more data about the age of backlogged cases) suggests that there is now a backlog of "only" 295,000 citizenship applications as of the end of June 2014. 

Given that the last published statistics (end of year 2013) listed a backlog of 396,227 applications,  this means that more than 100,000 applications have been processed in the last 6 months. 

So this may be the "quota" Vinuge surmised, the result of the RQ Blitz that many have referenced, and of course is how they can begin to predict a reduction in the normal timeline that they have just published.

OTOH, the graph is particularly interesting.  The caption states that the differences in backlog of applications as of the end of June IS the direct result of a "$44m economic action plan to reduce processing wait times",  and of course momentum can only be increased with the "new decisionmaking model" that presumably is C-24.

Anyone heard anything about CIC dramatically increasing staffing over the past 6 months as a result of this infusion of $?  Because if they haven't increased staff, the only other explanation is that they are expediting all new applications in order to inflate/maintain these numbers. 

The backlog of "old" cases (greater than 19 months) incidentally, according to the February post at the end of 2013 was 116,000.  It would be most instructive to get an ATIP as to how many of these have now been cleared; or alternatively, how many of the 100K processed in the last 6 months were "young"...

Edited by sagafemina - 04 Aug 2014 at 7:36pm
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Doc id, RQ issued 24 Apr 2013
60 hr, 158p, $70 RQ 23 Jun 13
ATIP 6/30: Cit grant 4 Jul 14
eCas 1st update 9/23 since Mar 13
Oath 10/14/14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 205206207208>
  Share Topic