Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Timeline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 208>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:46am
Congrats!

Please keep us posted regarding scheduling for the oath.

Wish we were seeing more reports of GTA pre-test RQs progressing to the test. It has been two weeks since you posted the news about being scheduled for the test and so far no one else has come forward (other than the vague reference given by twocats) to report similar progress.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

CIC needs multiple class action law suits or multiple writ of mandamus at one time which will really make them turn their heads.

Those in the GTA should check out this meeting Tuesday about a possible class action law suit for RQ recipients.

Ariyana A. Rad (immigration consultant) and Lorne Waldman, well known immigration and refugee lawyer will discuss different legal options for challenging the unreasonable citizenship delays.

7-9 pm, Tuesday July 30th
North York Civic Centre, room 1
5100 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario

This meeting is open to all. Also, it will be recorded and posted online at a later date, for those of us (like me) who are outside of the GTA.

*Just to clarify, I haven't organized this meeting, I'm passing along the info. I'd totally go though, if I were in Toronto.
**I assume that Ms. Rad and Mr. Waldman will also be signing up new clients. I encourage people to do their due diligence and try to thoughtfully weigh the costs and risks with the possible benefits.

Edited by eileen - 28 Jul 2013 at 4:44pm
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
Alamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Glimmer Glimmer wrote:

Thanks all.

My spouse passed the test this morning! Smile

So now we wait to hear about the oath.  They said it is normally 2-4 months after the test, but we shall see.

Congrats Glimmer.

Your spouse went through the pre-test RQ and had after clearing the RQ passed the test.
I am curious to know if your spouse still had interview and passeport stamps check etc...on test date like on a regular test/interview day or was the interview lighter since the file was already deeply reviewed and the residency clearly proved?

Thanks
hope2017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hope2017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 8:15pm
Hi Guys, any update regarding pre-test RQ timeline in GTA?
Do we have any other reports in addition to twocats?

Does Saint Clair office deal only with RQs and other non-routine GTA applications or they also continue to process routine applications?
BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
yes1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 11:48pm
Another RQ timeline (Mississauga):
Citizenship application sent - Oct 29, 2012
Application received - Dec 12, 2012 (ecas wrongly shows Oct 31, 2012)
Start of application processing (according to ecas) - Feb 19, 2013
RQ received from CIC - Jun 19, 2013 (even today no update in ecas)
completed RQ received by CIC - Aug 06, 2013.

RQ letter was addressed from CIC Mississauga, although envelope was stamped in Sydney, NS.
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
just called CIC , 
said: I'm on my 45th month since I applied

respond: I know, St. Clair still reviewing your case and put a note they  will contact you directly by mail. at this point we are not getting any updates further, no sense in calling, just wait.

I: for how long? is there any info on JH?

agent: there is no time boundaries now, JH decision is made once your case is reviewed, now it's in process

I: last time I was said about 36 months (actually 48 every time I called and every time they said either from the date I applied or from the date RQ received, once I was said about the date in April 2015 - that could be the last point in rq timeframe)

agent: 36 months is an average and vastly varies depending on the office.

Edited by greeny - 08 Aug 2013 at 2:45pm
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

just called CIC , 
said: I'm on my 45th month since I applied

greeny, I seriously think that you should sue at this point. You don't even have to budget for the full process (i.e. lawyer actually preparing for court sessions, etc.), as magical things may happen immediately after the lawyer makes first steps.
rony69341 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rony69341 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 3:22pm
Hi everyone, 

I wanted to post my timeline.  I live in Toronto, my CIC office was St. Clair, and both test and oath were scheduled in Scarborough.  Much to my dismay, I also received pre-test RQ in June 2012.  

At this point, I am not sure what prompted the processing of my case.  I wish all of you much luck, as I know how frustrating this process can be.  

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2011.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 17, 2011.

3. We started processing your application on June 11, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on June 25, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 16, 2013. 

5. We sent you a notice on August 1, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 22, 2013.

akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 3:45pm
Another brilliant move by CIC (from another forum):

coolcanadian

RQ AFTER OATH CONFIRMATION
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »

I feel like shouting screaming i feel like beating my own self up. I been a dumb fool. I took my citizenship test few weeks ago at Scarborough Town all went extremely well. I was told to expect my Oath invitation in 6-8 weeks. Two weeks ago i was told by my boss that i had to travel to Vancouver for a 4 weeks training session. I called CIC just to find out the status of my application. I was told my Oath day will be at the end of August and they are in the process of sending me the Oath invitation. Silly me i advised the agent of my job situation and requested if that can be reschedule. Today I had received  RQ in mail. I feel so helpless i feel like withdrawing my application feel like giving up my PR and just return back to my country. This is ridiculous what CIC had done to me.

Is anyone in the same or similar situation as I am????I am sure there must be plenty of victims just like myself

EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Another brilliant move by CIC (from another forum):
coolcanadian

RQ AFTER OATH CONFIRMATION
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »

I feel like shouting screaming i feel like beating my own self up. I been a dumb fool. I took my citizenship test few weeks ago at Scarborough Town all went extremely well. I was told to expect my Oath invitation in 6-8 weeks. Two weeks ago i was told by my boss that i had to travel to Vancouver for a 4 weeks training session. I called CIC just to find out the status of my application. I was told my Oath day will be at the end of August and they are in the process of sending me the Oath invitation. Silly me i advised the agent of my job situation and requested if that can be reschedule. Today I had received  RQ in mail. I feel so helpless i feel like withdrawing my application feel like giving up my PR and just return back to my country. This is ridiculous what CIC had done to me.

Is anyone in the same or similar situation as I am????I am sure there must be plenty of victims just like myself

Similar report:
Quote RQ after getting Invitation letter to take Oath [Mississauga]

I wrote the exam in the Mississauga office in March 2013. Was told after the exam that I have cleared the exam along with the score and gave me the invitation letter to take Oath on the very next week itself. I had a planned vacation the next week for couple of weeks (Out of Country) and told the officer that I would like to take the oath after I am back from the vacation. The officer initially suggested to take Oath and don't apply for passport and you can come back after the vacation and apply it. Then the officer discussed my case with another officer and said I might have a problem while returning back to Canada as I have to surrender the PR during the Oath.

The officer later said he will make a note on my arrival date and will send a new invitation letter through mail after I have come back from the vacation and took back the given invitation letter. I came back very happy.

The very next day Mississauga office has send me a letter requesting for an RQ.(Received couple of days before my vacation) Totally surprised.

Forget about rescheduling oath and, likely, test, if you value your time and sanity.

Edited by EasyRider - 08 Aug 2013 at 4:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 208>
  Share Topic