FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Timeline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 208>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RQ Timeline
    Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by sanjuo sanjuo wrote:

. . . I submitted CIT0171(10-2013)E last week

This warrants emphasis and noting. This refers to new version of the RQ not previously discussed in this forum.

Curious as to how it differs from prior versions (last three versions were all very similar).

Of course its relevance will be somewhat short-lived, since obviously CIC will have to develop another, significantly different version to use after the residency provisions in Bill C-24 come into force.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
sagafemina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by sanjuo sanjuo wrote:

What is ATIP? is this something to do with RQ? as I submitted CIT0171(10-2013)E  last week

See above.  It has nothing to do with RQ, though eventually it will include your RQ.  You probably have 6 months to a year for your RQ to even be considered, depending on the backlog where you filed. 
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Doc id, RQ issued 24 Apr 2013
60 hr, 158p, $70 RQ 23 Jun 13
ATIP 6/30: Cit grant 4 Jul 14
eCas 1st update 9/23 since Mar 13
Oath 10/14/14
Canadiandesi2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadiandesi2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:31pm

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/atipo-baiprp/docs/ai-ai-req-eng.asp

ATIP (Access to Information / Privacy Request)

In brief, Permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can request information under the ATIP about the progress of their applications with the government departments.

Although it DOES NOT tell you exactly when your case will be resolved or outcome but gives you a sense where your application stands in the processing stages.

You may find lot of candidates waiting for long for Citizenship do ATIP Report (Access to Information report cost $5, whereas under Privacy Request its free) to get an idea at what stage their application is.

Basically this agency (ATIP) coordinates with the concerned government department and provides ATIP (30 days after your request) it gives you an indication about the progress.

Canadiandesi2006
Lory_Br View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lory_Br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 8:04pm
Finally became a citizen August 25, 2014.  This monday.
I will share my timeline
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 16, 2011.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 16, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 24, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the Edmonton office on February 1, 2012. The Edmonton office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a notice on April 13, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6. We sent you a letter on May 8, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

7. We sent you a notice on August 8, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 25, 2014 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, pleasecontact us.
  8. Became Citizen on August 25 

OBS: I asked the MP to contact CIC when my application complete 36 months to check what was going on, the MP replied saying that they said my RQ was in queue to be processed (back in June). Then in july I contacted CIC again and they said the same thing. So, that means that from the 18 months I waited after sending my RQ in, about 17 was just waiting in queue and, perhaps, the actual processing only a month or so. OUCH. thats annoying
sanjuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:50pm
What is ATIP? is this something to do with RQ? as I submitted CIT0171(10-2013)E  last week

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:31pm
As my timeline reflects, it took just over a year to process my 158 page, 60 hours labor, $70 in (technically illegal) copying and $10 in postage Residency Questionnaire.

Although anything interesting during processing was redacted from my ATIP, the judge's note "She has lived here for 16 years and is established"  probably reflects the amount of time that was spent on it. 
Why couldn't they have just believed me when I said that on the original application? 

I am happy to share the format and table of contents of my RQ with anyone if I can figure out the correct forum in which it would be helpful (and can figure out how to attach a PDF on the forum). 
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Oath 10/14/14
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 2:54pm
A bit of an insight as confirmed by a call with the CIC call centre today: it takes - on average 14-18 days for a file to be "received" by Scarborough from St. Clair once a CJ and grantor approve the application. I was told that my file was received on the 28th of July, even though it was fully approved on July 10. Sharing this as an FYI for those with St. Clair RQs who may also be eagerly awaiting their ceremony invite.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 5:17pm
The link from the above announcement http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872799 (1 Aug 14)  which was republished from http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832329 (pub 2/14, with more data about the age of backlogged cases) suggests that there is now a backlog of "only" 295,000 citizenship applications as of the end of June 2014. 

Given that the last published statistics (end of year 2013) listed a backlog of 396,227 applications,  this means that more than 100,000 applications have been processed in the last 6 months. 

So this may be the "quota" Vinuge surmised, the result of the RQ Blitz that many have referenced, and of course is how they can begin to predict a reduction in the normal timeline that they have just published.

OTOH, the graph is particularly interesting.  The caption states that the differences in backlog of applications as of the end of June IS the direct result of a "$44m economic action plan to reduce processing wait times",  and of course momentum can only be increased with the "new decisionmaking model" that presumably is C-24.

Anyone heard anything about CIC dramatically increasing staffing over the past 6 months as a result of this infusion of $?  Because if they haven't increased staff, the only other explanation is that they are expediting all new applications in order to inflate/maintain these numbers. 

The backlog of "old" cases (greater than 19 months) incidentally, according to the February post at the end of 2013 was 116,000.  It would be most instructive to get an ATIP as to how many of these have now been cleared; or alternatively, how many of the 100K processed in the last 6 months were "young"...

Edited by sagafemina - 04 Aug 2014 at 7:36pm
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Oath 10/14/14
montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 4:48pm
Hey,

(Apologies if someone has already commented on this.)
The time-line for processing of non-routine applications has been reduced to 35 months for 80% of the cases.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

So, those of you that haven't reached 36 months yet and are being told to wait until that mark, know that you now have the right to make inquiries at 35 months. (The call centre should send a message to your local office at 35 months.)

Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by vinuge vinuge wrote:

Greeny

your timeline looks closer to mine, you may want to call the call centre and ask if any mails were sent out to your old addresses! And given its over 3 years since your rq date you can ask for why the delay. Assume you've done the ATIF.

thank you, but just asking again
if that address - old one - was that you have on Rq or not?
I just want to figure that out and do canada post transfer from all my old addresses
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 208>
  Share Topic