Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Timeline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 208>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanathar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by ready_to_apply ready_to_apply wrote:

Hi Sanathar,

Why did u get RQ?

My hubby got RQ, not me . No reason for him too . He applied in July 2010 n got the RQ in May 2011.

Edited by sanathar - 03 May 2011 at 2:33pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:45pm

sanathar:

Quote My hubby got the RQ, not me . no reason for him too .

There is, most likely, some reason for the RQ. While there does appear to be an occasional random imposition of RQ on an otherwise well-qualified applicant, the odds are far greater that something in the application or the applicant's history/circumstances triggered the RQ.

This is the time to do a thorough, careful, as objective as possible, self-assessment of the application, and try to identify what issues there are that caused the Citizenship Officer or Citizenship Judge to have doubts or at least questions about the applicant's satisfaction of the residency requirement for citizenship.

Read through back pages of the RQ discussions topic, and the Residency: tests, proof, practice, policy topic, and apply what you learn to the particular facts and circumstances in your partner's application/case . . . looking to identify what the real issue(s) is(are) and then looking to build a response (in addition to thoroughly and accurately and carefully submitting all the information and documentation the RQ requests) that takes control of the narrative, that fully illuminates why and how he has met the residency requirement.

OK, some RQs are about simple, fairly straightforward questions easily resolved by submitting the requested information and documentation. If, after a thorough self-analysis, you are convinced this is the case, good, just do that, and all should go well. But be very careful and thorough, and, again, try to be as objective as possible, and if you can identify the real issues, be sure to fully respond to those in addition to the specific request in the RQ. Now is by far the best time to do this. A solid, responsive submission to the RQ may quickly settle the matter. If it fails to convince the CO or CJ, and is thus scheduled for a hearing/interview with a CJ, that means it could be a rather long time before there is a resolution, many months, and more than a few are reporting years.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
rrmaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrmaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 3:46am
I would fully agree with dpen's statement:

"A solid, responsive submission to the RQ may quickly settle the matter. If it fails to convince the CO or CJ, and is thus scheduled for a hearing/interview with a CJ, that means it could be a rather long time before there is a resolution, many months, and more than a few are reporting years. "

as I have experienced this first hand ...  I sent in a weak response to my RQ and thus it got sent to a Citizenship Judge (CJ), then I sent in a strong reply to the CJ and it was approved.  If I had sent in the strong reply at the RQ stage, this would have saved me at least 4-5 months of processing time.  

The most important part of the RQ submission, I now believe, is the cover letter that ties all the evidence together and focuses sharply on addressing the issue that triggered the RQ.  I notice that many people lose sight of this key point.

Instrumental in finding out what trigerred the RQ is getting your cirizenship/naturalisation notes through the privacy act.

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:48am
rrmaron,

Did the records/notes of your citz. file clearly indicate the reasons for the RQ/doubts?
bigbh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:01pm
I received the RQ because i had frequent trips to the United States that were work related. All in all, i had about 130 lines of in and out (1 in and out per line). That could have triggered the RQ. I did qualify in terms of the number of days but i think there is a suspicion that i may have traveled more than i reported.
Currently the wait time to receive the US Border and Customs report for entry is approximately 4 months...Should i wait to submit my RQ documentation since the basis of the RQ is US visits...
rrmaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrmaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:58pm
bigbh, if you already have CBSA records and passport stamps that correlate practically 100% with the absences stated in your application, then I believe you should have a cover letter stating these correlations and then include a copy of the US CBP request that you sent and state that you will send the report as soon as CBP sends it to you.
WannaBeCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WannaBeCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:17pm
Hi rrmaron,

I am also keen to know if the records/notes of your citz. file clearly indicate the reasons for the RQ/doubts?

Thanks.
rrmaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrmaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:40pm
In my case, it was the FOSS notes that had the indication, and it was primarily because I also had a US Green card, however the Citizenship/Naturalisation notes clarified the issues further.
Cancal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cancal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:47am
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me. How can I get US exit/entry record forms? I would like get exit/entry record from US.
Thanks
ALIA68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALIA68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:05pm
Canvis2006:  please let me know the address to send for GCMS application, I am in Mississauga office.  I want to ask for my citi. files/notes.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 208>
  Share Topic