Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver CIC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 10:42pm
Hello Bp,
No I didn't get the response right away. The I O told that I was going to receive the letter by mail within couple weeks. and It got home within four days. also, I was interviewed in Toronto.
bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:11pm
Thanks pali & nevergiveup. Do they return all the documents back after the interview? or do they keep it?
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:40pm
Hello bp,
I my case, they simply made copies of some of the documents I brought to the interview and returned everything to me. Wish you good luck for the interview and keep us inform.
bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 3:16am
Thanks Guys, I m hoping for the best but i heard they ask way tooo many questions now. Pali keep me informed too and i hope you will get your aip soon.
bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 5:43am

Hey guys just wondering if your lawyer or consultant went with you to the interview? Does it make any difference if they don't go with you to the interview?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 11:17pm
Hey bp
 As far as I'm concerned, we went there without a lawyer simply because it did not state on the interview letter that we needed one. But also, we where interviewed one after the other which makes it more unlikely that the I.O will allow the presence of a lawyer. As mentionned in your previous posting, Yes they might ask many questions but that is simply to determine how much you know about each other.
ropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 12:17am
can you tell me what foss means please 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 11:30am
Hello Ropy,
If you are seeking the status of your application, a request for FOSS notes (in Canada) is what you need. The Foss notes not only give you details about the status of your application but often provide you the reasons why a file has been transferred fron CPC Vegreville to a local CIC. Follow the link below for further explanation. Hoe this help.

"Failure should not be an aoption".
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 5:11pm
Hi bp, You don't really need a lawyer or consultant there. Even if you take one, they'll just end up sitting there as a mute witness. My ecas is now saying decision has been made. I called them this morning and they said i've got AIP & letter is in mail. I am very happy. I think all will go well for you bp. Keep us posted on how things go. I know how hard it is to sit in dark and not know your fate and that was why i started this thread because talking to others helps thru those tough times. It took me 19 months to get to 1st stage approval and let's see how long it takes from here to obtain PR.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
So happy for you Pali.............
It's a great happy new year for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic