Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver CIC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sabi007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabi007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 3:23pm
Hello Everybody,

Hope Everyone gets there PR soon!

I applied for the PR application as a spouse in April 2010.

My file has been transferred to Vancouver today.

Does it really take more then six months after the file has been transferred to get a interview?

I know I am not supposed to be working, how do you guys manage the incoming "income". What do you show in your bank statements?  I am really nervous for the interview.

Thanks again for helping.

regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 1:19am
Thank you bp. I'm trying not to think about the interview, but I guess everyone here knows how difficult is that =). I will tell you what is the answer as soon as I leave the immigration office. I'm so excited!

bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:56am
Hello Regina, I know that thinking about the interview is stressful but don't overthink because as long is your relationship is genuine , you'll be fine. They don't tell the decision right away , you'll get it in the mail. Once you are approved you will be asked to do the security and other checks. So Good luck and wish you all the best !!!!!!!!
bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:47am
Thanks Pali and Nevergive up. I just hope it wont take long to get the pr card.
regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 1:20am
Thank you Never Give Up.

I'm feeling more relax right now. I don't care If I can't travel out of the country right away I just want to get a positive answer and apply for my OWP so I can do something instead of worrying about everything =)
Thank you so MUCH, I'll be posting my news!
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 9:59pm
Hello Regina,
We wish you all the best for the Interview.
Having an expired status will certainly not impact the decision of the interview, simply because it is not an obligation to hold a valid status while having an inland application in process.
When granted AIP, you will be sent a notification and it does include  THINGS that you can apply for ( OWP-Open Work Permit, Provincial Health Card, Study Permit).
The timeframe for PR issuance is about 3 to 9 months (Can be a bit longer depending on the case).
You can't not travel out of the country without a valid travel document,espacially If your status is expired (AIP not being a travel document). Even with a valid travel Document, IT IS NOT SAVE to travel out of the country while having an inland application in process. (your application will be void if you are not granted permission to re-enter the country).

Hope this help
regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 2:58pm
Hello and congratulations to all of you. I notice that everyone is getting their PR.

I have some questions regarding the interview and AIP.
Here is my timeline:

I sent my application on August 2009.
They started processing on Sept 2009.
Received medical exams.
They transferred my file to Vancouver CIC on April 2010.
They send a letter for interview on Feb 3, 2011.
The interview is on Feb 21.

I'm feeling very nervous about this interview, I know is easy because my husband and I have a real relationship, we had a relationship for 2 years before getting married and we have proof like pics, bank statements, lease under both names, etc, etc. The only thing that I'm worried about is that I stayed out of status in Canada and some people is telling me that the only thing in the interview they are going to focus is Why I didn't leave the country instead of our relationship. 

My first question is If someone was out of status and had this interview, please share your experience.

I know that after the interview They could give you AIP or even PR the same day or 5-6 months later.  My other questions are:
What's next after AIP?
How more long can take to have PR after AIP?
Can you travel out of the country after AIP?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions but I'm so excited to know that I will go soon to my country after 5 years of being here.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:32pm
Hello BP,
that is a fabulous news.
Congrats........
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 6:51pm
bp, thats great news. i am so happy for you. Have you applied for OWP (open work permit)?
bp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:45am
Hi pali, I got my AIP. I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic