Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver CIC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 2:02pm
Isn't there anyone else here whose got their file stuck at Vancouver CIC Office? If you are, then please share your experience... I feel like i am the only one :(
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 9:23am
Thx Robsluv, I had overstayed in canada and currently out of status. That is likely why my file was transferred to Vancouver. What worries me is that vegreville sent a letter out on Nov 26 but neither my lawyer or me received anything. How do i order FOSS from vegreville? Also, your timeline shows your application was refused. Why did they refuse it?
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by pali pali wrote:

Hi Guys, I had my inland sponsorship application transferred to Vancouver Admission Office on Nov 26/09. Following is my timeline:

Application Rcv'd in Vegreville: May 29/09
Started processing: June 12/09
Transferred to Vancouver CIC: Nov 26/09

I've been waiting a long time but so far received no mail or phonecall from CIC. Found update only on Ecas. Any body else stuck in the same boat??
Hi Babyboy.  Actually, you should have been expecting to wait at least this long - just for starters - with an inland application.  You applied in May - according to the inland processing timeline, they're only just now starting to assess inland aps received through June 22, 2009.  So your timeline up until your ap was transferred, was perfectly normal - the "Started processing" date of June 12th only meant that that was when they first opened your application package, made sure everything was signed, dated and included, and logged it in.  Then it sits in a que until the IO can make the first assessment - which, for you, happened in November . . . right on schedule.

How long it will take from here - now that it's been transferred to Vancouver - depends on why it was transferred.  It's way too early for this to be the transfer that happens in preparation for the landing interview . . . typically an inland ap isn't transferred this early unless there's a problem.   Did they notify you that you have first stage approval and invite you to apply for a work permit?  If not, there's a problem with your ap and it's now sitting in another que, waiting for an IO who will handle whatever the "problem" is.  One of the most common reasons that a local office (rather than Vegreville) would be asked to process an ap would be that Vegreville saw need for an interview to verify the "genuine nature" of the relationship.  It could also be something as serious as an arrest in your (assuming you're the applicant) background that they need to assess to determine whether it makes you inadmissible, or something as simple as you not having valid temporary status in Canada.  You should order your FOSS notes, to see why the application was transferred, and your sponsor can call the CIC Call Centre and ask about the processing timeline for aps transferred to Vancouver.  That will give you an idea of how much longer you have to wait before Vancouver will start to assess your application.    

Edited by RobsLuv - 01 Jan 2010 at 1:56pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:58am
I cancelled the appointment. I will apply for my US visa once i get my PR card.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by babyboy babyboy wrote:

Indeed.. What happend to my file wasI submitted the application Feb 2008File got transferred to a local office on august 2008Just Got my Permanent resident status last December 17, 2009And lots of people whose file got transferred to local office are still waiting..some of them have been waiting since 2006 .. and till now theyre not PR yet.So you're lucky youre in VAncouver!

Hi,

Just wondering what happened to your US visa application. You mentioned before that your appointment was December.Were you able to get one? Thanks.
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:57pm
Indeed..

What happend to my file was

I submitted the application Feb 2008
File got transferred to a local office on august 2008
Just Got my Permanent resident status last December 17, 2009

And lots of people whose file got transferred to local office are still waiting..

some of them have been waiting since 2006 .. and till now theyre not PR yet.

So you're lucky youre in VAncouver!
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 7:12pm
Thx babyboy... I've already waited 7 mth's & thought of waiting another 5 mth's quite depressing but i guess it is a lot better than waiting 24 mth's (that is scary).
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:43pm
I believe it takes 6 MOnths for Vancouver local office to complete your file. You're lucky coz ur in Vancouver. Local office there process it faster than the local offices here in Ontario (which takes 24 months or more)

Edited by babyboy - 30 Dec 2009 at 6:43pm
pali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 2:32pm
Hi Guys, I had my inland sponsorship application transferred to Vancouver Admission Office on Nov 26/09. Following is my timeline:

Application Rcv'd in Vegreville: May 29/09
Started processing: June 12/09
Transferred to Vancouver CIC: Nov 26/09

I've been waiting a long time but so far received no mail or phonecall from CIC. Found update only on Ecas. Any body else stuck in the same boat??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic