Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

recovering my money back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recovering my money back
    Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:28am
My friend has been charged 4000 dollars to find her a job and a family in Canada to sponsor her under the live-in caregiver program  by an agency in vancouver ( Ipaid the money on her behalf)
They provided us with the job approval from service canada LMO
but the employer changed his mind after 1.5 years of processing time and my friend is still stuck in Dubai

They gave me a reciept that says on it , immigration consulting fees
it was paid sometine in OCT 2009

Is there a way to recover my friend's money , please let me know if you have
any knowledge about this situation

PLease email me at [email protected]

Thank you so much

Edited by george115 - 23 Feb 2011 at 7:31am
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:10pm
What did the fine print say your agreement/contract?  If there wasn't a written agreement, I would say you're totally out of luck.  If there is an agreement, read it thoroughly, as there may be a clause in there that refers to how long they will keep services open, or what happens if you want a partial refund.

As an aside if anyone ever 'promises' to specifically find you work - I would normally suggest walking away from these fee based services.  With some exceptions it's almost impossible to guarantee to find you work -- this isn't how it's done here.  Of courses job agencies are payed by companies to find employees and then they take a %/commission as a finding fee, but this is different.  In these cases the employee NEVER pays a fee to an agency. 

If you're ever asked to pay a fee to use a job agency - walk away - it's likely a scam - there are some out there that operate this way and unfortunately many prey on new immigrants.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic