Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - interview questions  and also reason why refused
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

interview questions and also reason why refused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by robyng65 robyng65 wrote:

oh and every time I read or write posts on this forum, I cry.

Robyng, my heart goes out to you.  I can only imagine how demoralizing and frustrating it must be.  It sometimes seems that bureaucratic decisions are capricious and illogical.  I think about this every time I read your posts here helping others.  I'm not a religious person, but I believe that people who help others have good things to happen in their own lives.  Call it karma, positive energy, or whatever -- I don't care -- but I have seen it work.  I am counting on "karma" in this life, not the next, to bring you and your husband together in Canada.

With all my best wishes,

B47
omairh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omairh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:26pm
I think this age-difference between sponsor and sponsored is best seen by IO thru the eyes of social norms. May it is common or atleast permissible to marry a younger husband in europe or north america or jamaica. Perhaps, it is not frown upon. However where Sono786, and robyng65 come from, there it is considered huge deal if husband is 15 years younger than the wife. It is simply not digested by the society easily. Good or bad? That's not the issue. That's just a social practice.

A country which is hitting the lowest point of economical crises, worst in law n order situation, rated highest in corruption as per transperacy international org, jobless rates at peak, inflation is almost 30% per annum. And then we have SONO786 marrying a 25 years older canadian woman who already have son of about his age and claims that he's in love with her. OH PHULEEEEEEEEEEEEZ...GIVE ME A BREAK. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING THIS ROMEO-JULIET STORY. IO's are not stupid to buy your insanity.

And on top of that he has the nerves to come on the forum and seek help. I say if we help or advise or comfort him, we are as well serving accessory to the crime. WE SHOULD DISCOURAGE PPLS LIKE SONO WHO TRIES TO ABUSE AND BREAK THE PRO-HUMANITY CANADIAN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:04pm
There should not be harassment or criticism to whom someone loves.
It is not your life, so it is best to leave it alone plus they are not criticizing yours.

And even if that may be true, we don't know how any of the IO's feel. Please consider other peoples feelings in here and respect the choices they made in life.

This should be a forum of support during good and tough situations, not attacks based on your personal opinion of the situation. We all just need helpful truths, not harsh impersonal and one person opinionated truths. There is a difference.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 1:07am
Originally posted by omairh omairh wrote:

I think this age-difference between sponsor and sponsored is best seen by IO thru the eyes of social norms. May it is common or atleast permissible to marry a younger husband in europe or north america or jamaica. Perhaps, it is not frown upon. However where Sono786, and robyng65 come from, there it is considered huge deal if husband is 15 years younger than the wife. It is simply not digested by the society easily. Good or bad? That's not the issue. That's just a social practice.

A country which is hitting the lowest point of economical crises, worst in law n order situation, rated highest in corruption as per transperacy international org, jobless rates at peak, inflation is almost 30% per annum. And then we have SONO786 marrying a 25 years older canadian woman who already have son of about his age and claims that he's in love with her. OH PHULEEEEEEEEEEEEZ...GIVE ME A BREAK. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING THIS ROMEO-JULIET STORY. IO's are not stupid to buy your insanity.

And on top of that he has the nerves to come on the forum and seek help. I say if we help or advise or comfort him, we are as well serving accessory to the crime. WE SHOULD DISCOURAGE PPLS LIKE SONO WHO TRIES TO ABUSE AND BREAK THE PRO-HUMANITY CANADIAN IMMIGRATION SYSTEM.

Omairh, 

Some things happen in life that are not "the norm". Imagine what our world would be like if everything that was outside the norm was unacceptable and open to scorn.

Let me give you an example. 

It is the NORM in this forum to be supportive to people whose posts give us good reason to think they are trying to follow Canada's laws and immigration rules. Your cruel and critical posts about this are FAR outside the NORM. Do you think it would be fair for everyone to dismiss you as an angry, opinionated jackass just because you're outside the norm? Or perhaps you're just very skilled at reading the minds and hearts of people you've never met?

Think about this and get back to us.
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:21am
The scenario omairh decries, however, does indeed have roots in real issues, though it does seem CIC seems a little more skeptical when it is an older woman than when it is an older man.

Depending on all the circumstances, I think some scrutiny even skepticism of some relationships is well-warranted, not mechanically, not without an expanded view of what does happen in this very changed world we live in today, but with a careful, judicious eye for indications of fraud.

But men have been marrying women twenty or thirty years their junior with impunity for a long time, and whatever reasons motivate the one to be with the other, that's really between them, as long as there is no fraud taking place. And these days, the reverse is very common as well. Poor Tim Robbins, the "younger man" grows old and Susan Sarandon dumps him for yet an even younger man. That's life.

But, yes, there are many cases where there is little or no explanation for how or why this particular couple hooked up, other than as a scheme to get one of them into Canada. In such cases, a hard look at their circumstances, their evidence, is, quite simply, the visa officer's job.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dorfus241 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorfus241 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 5:16am
Anyone underwent an interview regarding convincing the IO on your common-law relationship?

1. What questions were asked?
2. What are the things you brought to show the IO

Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic