Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advice please
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice please

 Post Reply Post Reply
NicksMom View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicksMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:15am
I'd appreciate any and all advice. 
I am a Canadian citizen living in the U.S. My husband is American, and we have a son. Currently we were trying to get my citizenship here, but have fallen on hard times, and can't afford to pay to continue with the process.  Recently I suggested moving back to Canada to be closer to family, and also so that I could work to help support my family. 
My husband works as an independent subcontractor for a company based in another state.  If his boss wants to send him to Ontario to open a Canadian branch of this business, would my husband qualify for a work visa, and if so what would he have to do to get it?  Secondly with a work visa does he qualify for OHIP?  Also approx how long does it take to get the work visa after applying?
From what I understand our son is an automatic dual citizen.  If that is indeed the case, what information do I need to apply for OHIP for him? 
Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I didn't post in the correct forum.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.142 seconds.