Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicksMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice please
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:15am
I'd appreciate any and all advice. 

I am a Canadian citizen living in the U.S. My husband is American, and we have a son. Currently we were trying to get my citizenship here, but have fallen on hard times, and can't afford to pay to continue with the process.  Recently I suggested moving back to Canada to be closer to family, and also so that I could work to help support my family. 

My husband works as an independent subcontractor for a company based in another state.  If his boss wants to send him to Ontario to open a Canadian branch of this business, would my husband qualify for a work visa, and if so what would he have to do to get it?  Secondly with a work visa does he qualify for OHIP?  Also approx how long does it take to get the work visa after applying?

From what I understand our son is an automatic dual citizen.  If that is indeed the case, what information do I need to apply for OHIP for him? 

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I didn't post in the correct forum.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic