Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit visa for mother

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visit visa for mother
    Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 12:39am
Hi guys, I wish to apply for a visit visa for my mom. Can you give me tips about the invitation letter and few other things. I have a few questions

1) How long should I apply for (3 month?? what is minimum and maximum number of months)
2) I want her to be here in July 2011, when should we apply? She will be applying from Kuwait
3)  It says that for visas under 6 months, there is no medical exam, is this true or they always conduct medical exams even if you are coming for less than 6 months.
4) What should be my reason for her visit? Tourism? or family reunion?
5) How much money should I show and how? I can show a yearly income of 68K canadian. What else can I show financially?
6) What can she do to help her chances?

In addition to this, I have a sister who is completely dependent on my parents. She is 35 years old and suffers from mental disorder. My mother would like to come with her, but I am afraid they will reject both visas if my mother applies with my sister. Any thoughts on this. They only want to come for 3 months, will my sister be asked for medical?

Thanks for your time.
dpatel2030 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpatel2030 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:50pm
1) I think you should show them that she is going to stay for 2 months just to get the visa.  That way you don't have to show too much of finance too.  And also put Affidavit of Support for sponcering her stay, food and shelter as well as taking responsiblity of her return before the expiry of visa.
2) I think you should apply in April to know in advance. to plan for tickets
3) You don't have to give medical exam now unless you are advised from embassy.
4) Both reasons are good to visit in summer.
5) 68k is good just make sure you have employment confirmation letter confirming your position and recent pay stubs.  Also make sure your mom shows some financial docs such as Bank statements, Stocks and property of her own in Kuwait.  Also show the similar docs here in Canada
6) Nothing I think this is the most you can do.  Just relax.

OUCH Don't know about this as it is difficult to say whether they will grant visas to your sister.  They may ask your sister as well to go for medical exam.  I think apply now only for your mom and once you get her visas, also apply for your sister separately as she may get away from medical exam as she is only 35 yo.  It is just a suggestion take advice from Lawyer.
vic_guy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:57pm
dpatel,

Thanks much for your answers. This definately helps. If I apply together, and they decide to reject my sister's application, would they automatically reject my mother's application as my sister is dependent on my mother?

Thanks

vic_guy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:39am

1 more question.

If they apply as tourists, does that mean they have to show a strong financial situation. Because my parents dont have a look of money.

If they apply for a family reunion or family visit, in this case, I have to show strong financial situation. I believe I am in stronger financial situation than my mother and sister. But on the other hand, I have read that people got rejected when they used family reunion as purpose of visit.

Not sure what to do here. Suggesstions?

vic_guy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_guy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 12:42am

sorry about this but I just thought of another question...

Does my family need to send copies of return tickets with their visit visa applications? 2 tickets cost about 3500 dollars and at the end we may get rejected. I guess my question really is: DO people buy tickets before visa is issued?

Thanks 

yellow_jacket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow_jacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:54pm
hey vic_guys3, i had my mother come visit me twice so far and every time i had to provide an invitation letter supported by any documents that would aid her with her application.
she never send a copy of her flight tickets because we were first waiting for visa to be approved. I would submit a notarized letter of invitation and also paystabs or bank draft showing you have enough money to support her stay.  We also noted any places that she would be visiting and proof of her job and family ties.
harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:00pm
Hi expert..
i also want to invite my mom. i also have a question about financial status. I am self employed so how i can show my income ..with bank statement/balance or tax return of last year ?...
and also can some one send me specimen of invitation letter...Thanks in advance for help..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow_jacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 2:50pm
hey harry,

this is what i used for my invitation last time

Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing this letter to support Visitor Visa applications of my Parents.

My father,(name) is (age) and stays in (place). My mother, (name) (age) lives with him. They like to visit Canada and stay with our family for some time. They are in good in health and capable of doing things on their own. Please note that they do not have any intention to settle in Canada permanently. They own a house and have full time jobs. (specify what they do.)

Following is further information about me.

•I am a Canadian resident staying at (home address in Canada)
•I am staying with ...
•I am an (your profession) working for (your employer).
•I am confirming that I will support all expenses of my Parent including their stay, food, medical, insurance, travel etc. (see attached copies of T4 and a recent pay stub)
•We have sufficient fund to support their expenses

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at my residence at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or in the office at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I can also be reached by e-mail at
(email address here)

Yours truly,

(name)

harry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 11:23pm
Thanks yellow & john...its really helpful info for me but there still one point may i could not mentioned properly that is ...i am self employed so how i can show my income with tax return or bank statement?. if you give some more info about it. This will be appreciate.. And also i am here living with my wife but my wife so how much should i show the income ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow_jacket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 10:58am
if you are self-employed, show your business registration as well as any evidence of your existing business (tax returns, information concerning number of employees, balance sheets, income statements, bank statements showing transactions, etc.);

Also make sure to have your invitation letter notarized. it is not a mandatory thing to do, however, having notarized stamp may only eliminate chances of refusal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic