Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

File transferred to Local office

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadacold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File transferred to Local office
    Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 8:51pm
what does that mean, Vegerville held the file for 10 months and then transferred to Etobicoke office. I was told it takes upto 12 months for processing. but the horror stories i have been reading, its awful.  would it make sense to go back home and reapply from there??
Inalnd Application filled April 06,2010
Started Processing Application Dec 24 2010.
FIle sent to Etobicoke Office Feb 01 2010
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 10:03pm
Why did it take them until December to start processing? Mine started processing about 2 mths after receipt. Same goes for most other inland applications I see. Do you mind telling us a bit about your story? Any ideas why they would have transferred it? I don't get why they wait so long to transfer to local office. They should have an idea after they open the application and log if they're gonna transfer or not. Just a waste of people's time.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by jamaisomal jamaisomal wrote:

Why did it take them until December to start processing? Mine started processing about 2 mths after receipt. Same goes for most other inland applications I see. Do you mind telling us a bit about your story? Any ideas why they would have transferred it? I don't get why they wait so long to transfer to local office. They should have an idea after they open the application and log if they're gonna transfer or not. Just a waste of people's time.
Inland applications are waiting in queue for initial assessment for 9-10 months right now.  There are NO inland aps being assessed within 2 months of receipt.  They open them and log them in within that time frame, but then they sit in a queue waiting for assessment for 9-10 months.  CPC-Vegreville's timeline says they are currently assessing spousal applications received through April 19, 2010 - so your application, received by them on May 13, 2010, is not in process.  It is sitting in a queue waiting assessment and won't be looked at for at least another month.

They will not have an idea whether they're going to transfer it when they first open it and log it in because that's all they do - log it in.  It is during the assessment that they decide about transfer because transfer is normally about an interview being required, someone who doesn't have valid temporary status, or a problem that might make the applicant inadmissible, like a prior conviction.   None of these things would be assessed by someone whose job it is to open an envelope, check to make sure all the forms are there and signed, and then log information into a computer.  The initial assessment by an officer is conducted 9-10 months after an inland ap is received at CPC-V.

Edited by RobsLuv - 04 Feb 2011 at 3:48pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 4:43pm
I want to believe that.There is a member here.... Thara who sent her application in July 2010 and got transferred to local office in December 2010 when by their processing times, they should not be even looking at applications past April 19th right now. Unless there is something very unusual about her case, I think they have an idea much earlier than then posted processing times if they're going to transfer.

Her siggy reads: *INLAND* Common law Application Sent - July 16, 2010 Received - July 20, 2010 Application Transferred to Etobicoke Office - December 02, 2010

Edited by jamaisomal - 04 Feb 2011 at 4:44pm
Landed April 13th 2011
canadacold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadacold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:08pm
I somewhat agree with Jamaisomal about Vegerville transferring file to local office only after few months, but i have also read from other comments that vegerville take its sweet time to transfer the file. I'm not sure how they decide to transfer some file early in the stage, anyway, is there anyone out there who went through the same experience with local office and if anyone went to Etobicoke Office???
Inalnd Application filled April 06,2010
Started Processing Application Dec 24 2010.
FIle sent to Etobicoke Office Feb 01 2010
Nevergiveup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergiveup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 9:58pm
Hello Jamaissomal & canadacold,
Robsluv is ABSOLUTELY right. And CIC web site gives you more infos about the first stage approval which is about 9 months. Then and If only then you fail to provide enough evidence that you relationship is GENUINE  and CIC needs an interview to know more about your relationship, then your file is transferred to a local CIC for further assessment.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 11:03pm
I know the first stage of approval takes the 9-10 mths. I have done a lot of research on inland applications. When I applied, AIP was only taking 6 months. Apart from Thara, I think I've seen 2 other persons on this board whose files got transferred much earlier than the posted processing times. Thara's was transferred in 5 mths. Someone must have looked into the file somewhat to transfer it that early. It's a whole 5 mths less than current processing times.
Landed April 13th 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic