Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Delhi Applications...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 204>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sept 20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:55am
Hey Guys,

Even I am planning to send a case specific enquiry today. Do I have to send one or should my wife be sending one?

Hope everyone in Aug and Sept timeline get PPR next week.....
Scorpio 9791 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio 9791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Sept 20 Sept 20 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Even I am planning to send a case specific enquiry today. Do I have to send one or should my wife be sending one?

Hope everyone in Aug and Sept timeline get PPR next week.....

Hey Sept, Get your wife to send the enquiry unless you are authorized by your wife to act on her behalf..I sent an enquiry using my wife's id but they never responded..
kandareen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandareen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:16am
You have to be the original applicant, stating your name, address, phone number, birthdate, case file number and any other specifics and to email from the applicant's email address registered with immigration. If you are a LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE of your spouse with the signed form indicating such, then you have to scan the signed form and attach it to your email to let them know you are your spouse's legal representative. If you and your spouse do not have this form signed, then forget emailing on their behalf. Immigration will not acknowledge you.
corpus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:42am

I have a question not related to timeline but i hope you guys don't mind and can help me with this.

I am planing to apply for my wife's PR. I am in US and have canadaian PR and will me moving there next month and apply for my wife's PR. She is with me and will be going on Visitor Visa for now. Since she was in US for more then 6 months so we will need to get a Police clearance from FBI for her and that can take from 2-3 months. My question is if i apply for her with only indian police clearance will they return the application as incomplete or will keep it ask for missing document. this way my file will get in line. They say to submit all the documents up front. HAs anyone any experience with this type of situation or can provide some info then it will be greatly appriciated.
Scorpio 9791 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio 9791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:47am
Originally posted by corpus corpus wrote:

I have a question not related to timeline but i hope you guys don't mind and can help me with this.

I am planing to apply for my wife's PR. I am in US and have canadaian PR and will me moving there next month and apply for my wife's PR. She is with me and will be going on Visitor Visa for now. Since she was in US for more then 6 months so we will need to get a Police clearance from FBI for her and that can take from 2-3 months. My question is if i apply for her with only indian police clearance will they return the application as incomplete or will keep it ask for missing document. this way my file will get in line. They say to submit all the documents up front. HAs anyone any experience with this type of situation or can provide some info then it will be greatly appriciated.

Hi Corpus,

You have to submit US police Clearance with the application or else they will return your application as incomplete..Your application will not go in the queue ... and providing police clearance for every country that an applicant has lived for 6 months or more is a requirement and has to be sub,itted with the application..
hope this answers your question..
Sept 20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sept 20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:13pm
Thanks Kandeeran, Scorpio for your suggestion.

I guess I will send a case specific enquiry from their wesite with my wife's details....hope they respond....

hope they dont make us wait too long as we all have already waited for months....

nlohchab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlohchab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:25pm
How come people getting different time-line.....Criteria? Any Clue !

Now things getting really getting on nervous here,

Folks; Any other method to inquire about the waiting period.

N`Angry

Applied: 9thJuly,2009
New-Delhi: Process starts on 31Aug'09
indica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm
Can anyone tell me what is a case file number? Is it different from my husband's client ID?

If it is different, then where would I get the same from ?

Edited by indica - 31 Dec 2009 at 12:48pm
ND started processing Oct 6th 2009. PPR received on Feb 9th 2010. Visa received on Feb 23rd 2010. Landed Ca on March 9th!
nlohchab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlohchab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 12:59pm
Good Q 2 know!
July09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by indica indica wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is a case file number? Is it different from my husband's client ID?

If it is different, then where would I get the same from ?

Hi everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I just celebrated it with my husband on the phone again!  Anyway, this will all be over soon for all of us so keep your spirits up.

Indica,
case file number is what you get from Canada when you sponsor your spouse.  File number is what your spouse gets when they start sponsoring their permanent residence application to come to Canada.

If I log in with my case number, I see both his and my information.  If I log in with his immigration file number, I see only his status.  I hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 204>
  Share Topic