Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Delhi Applications...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karaneet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 3:54am
Hello Everyone,
  I'm new on this forum. I have applied for canadian immigration through spousal visa category from India. I lived in Canada for few years and then came back to India and got married to canadian citizen. Yesterday i had a successful interview at New Delhi. But VO told me that it will take another 2-3 weeks before i get my passport back as they have to do the security check from Canada. Does anyone knows how long it takes to do the security check cuz my medicals will be expired in march?

Thanks
anees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:01am
Hi ,

I got an email today from CIC New Delhi to submit few document , I understoof everything except the below point .

1)    Signed and sworn declaration in an affidavit form, identifying all of the principal applicant’s children (natural and adoptive) and brothers or sisters (natural and adoptive), including full name, date of birth, place of residence, marital status, years of education successfully completed, and the name and locality of schools they have attended. This Affidavit must be provided even if an affidavit was previously submitted.

The affidavit must also incorporate the following paragraph:

"I further solemnly affirm and declare that the particulars of all my sons and daughters (natural and adoptive) and brothers and sisters (natural and adoptive) have been correctly stated and that I have no other son or daughter (natural and adoptive)/brother or sister (natural and adoptive) in India or abroad, from any of my marriages/any of the marriages of my parents".

So for this point do I just have to submit my details as I am the only applicant or do I still have to mention my brother and sisters details as well ? also should it be on a plain paper or on a stamp paper ?

ziddy15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziddy15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:59pm
Hi Everyone

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I was engaged in May 2011 in India and got married on 4th Feb this year in India. Iam going to file application next week for my wife. I have completed all the forms and documents. Apart from all the forms and documentation, is there anything else to keep in mind before i send in the application???? Pls advise based on your experience.

Also do i have to request Option C printout or Notice of Assessment will do the work???

Do you need to write on all the pictures, that who is in it or just send the pictures without writing anything???
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 2:06pm
ziddy:  Just triple check everything again. make sure you have everything you could possibly think of.

And it says to get an option C printout on the forms, so i would ask CRA for that specifically. it usually just takes about two weeks at most to get to you.

Get someone to look it over to make sure it is properly organized. Remember the IO does not know you and your relationship so you want it to be as easy as possible for them to follow along with. have proper indexes, all pages numbered, etc.

To everyone else:

I cannot find anywhere in the country specific guide or the other guides about writing the PA's name, birth date, and date of photo taken on the  back of the immigration sized photos.  But I see all over the forum that people from elsewhere needed this and it says so in their guides.  In one of my guides it says to have the 6 photos and the specifications are found in Apendix B of the country specific guide. Then in that is just says the exact size and to use the number stated in the other guides, but zero mention of writing anything on the backs of them.  

we just got approved for sponsorship and it has been sent to ND with medicals received.  Will this cause a delay? Should we just go ahead and redo the photos and send them a letter before they ask for them?

Edited by abhat - 06 Jun 2012 at 2:08pm
Spousal Sponsorship recieved 06/03/12

Met Sponsorship Requirements
31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi
03/06/12
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 1:21pm
Hello all,

Just updating.

Application recieved at M-CIC : 06/03/12

Sponsorship Approved : 31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi : 03/06/12

Passport and RPRF Request: 18/06/12

Fee Paid and Passport sent: 19/06/12

DHL Express says it arrived in and has been processed at the New Delhi centre this morning (last night for them), so it should arrive within the next 24 hours to the CHC.

Our E-CAS still only says "File Recieved on March 6" and "Medicals Received". Shouldn't it be "In Process" now if they already asked for the passport?

Anyone else with my timeline?
Spousal Sponsorship recieved 06/03/12

Met Sponsorship Requirements
31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi
03/06/12
srivats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srivats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:24pm
I have submitted application to sponsor my infant baby (5 month old). His papers were sent to New Delhi on 5th of September and I have received a Passport request on 17th September.

How soon can I expect stamping of permanent visa if I send it immediately, given the fact that there is no much back ground check require for him?

Also can anyone please confirm that I do not have to pay the "right of landing" fee and he does not require a police clearance for the kid.
hbgy1s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbgy1s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:50pm
I got married at the end of October ;)
umesharya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umesharya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 12:59am
Dear All,

We are asked to provide PCC from all the states where my parents lived since attaining age of 18.

The problem is that they used to live in different state sometime around 35 years back. We don't have any ties with that city/state anymore.

Any idea on how to attain PCC from other state.

Thanks,
Umesh

Edited by umesharya - 18 Sep 2012 at 1:00am
srivats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srivats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:55pm
Hi I have applied for my baby's PR, and New Delhi has req passport on September 17th. The passport of the baby is sent and speedpost website says it was delivered on 25th of September.

Usually how long will it take after the Passport is received, to obtain a stamping? The baby is 5 month old and both the parents are PR in Canada.
TRM2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRM2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:17pm

Hi Guys,

I just applied for my wife's sponsorship and the file was received on August 14, 2012. I just checked the status on the CIC website and it says

"We received your application to sponsor ______ on August 14, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 10, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Is this normal to get a letter, because a friend told me that he never got a letter and got an email instead. What has your experience been?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204>
  Share Topic