Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Delhi Applications...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 204>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by indica indica wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is a case file number? Is it different from my husband's client ID?

If it is different, then where would I get the same from ?

Client ID Number

You will find this number on official documents issued to you from a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Client ID Number" has four numbers, a dash (-), and four more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

Immigration File Number

You will find this number on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Immigration File Number" starts with the letter "B", and is followed by nine numbers. (Example: B000000000).

AGM

Appeal Allowed - 02-18-09,
CHC ND Resumed Processing - 05-20-09,Medical Redo 08-12-09,Present status - Background Check.
July09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Sept 20 Sept 20 wrote:

Thanks Kandeeran, Scorpio for your suggestion.

I guess I will send a case specific enquiry from their wesite with my wife's details....hope they respond....

hope they dont make us wait too long as we all have already waited for months....

Hi Sep 20,
Scorpio is right; if you send an enquiry using your wife's details they will not respond back as they will see your IP is not coming from India; SHE HAS TO SEND IT.

My husband and I sent an enquiry in the middle of the night (India time) while we were online together and I helped him do it BUT it had to be sent from him NOT me.  He received a reply back next day from them which was unusual because it usually takes longer according to others on this forum.
July09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by July09 July09 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is a case file number? Is it different from my husband's client ID?

Hi everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I just celebrated it with my husband on the phone again!  Anyway, this will all be over soon for all of us so keep your spirits up.

Indica,
case file number is what you get from Canada when you sponsor your spouse.  File number is what your spouse gets when they start sponsoring their permanent residence application to come to Canada.

If I log in with my case number, I see both his and my information.  If I log in with his immigration file number, I see only his status.  I hope this helps.

Oooops,

Sorry Indica, I am not sure if I was answering your question; I was assuming you are talking about Client ID number given by Mississauga to person sponsoring spouse and Immigration File Number given by ND to process permanent residence to Canada.  Case File number I have not heard of.
Sept 20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sept 20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
Thanks July09, will ask my wife to send it. I had no idea they track IP adresses...  Hoping they wont send me one more "pending initial review" reply....

Even I celebrated New Year with my wife on phone...hope all of us get something atleast next week...
ravi75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravi75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 4:38pm
yes. happy new year to all. hope we all get good news in next week.
shampy2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shampy2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 7:13pm
Nice to hear again from all of you guys! Hope this thread will not get deleted or removed!! Also my wife she called in today my noon time saying she was sleeping and had to turn on alarm so she can wish me Happy New Year!!!! I guess that was cool....

Well Guys Happy New Year and Have a glass of wine and cheers..Hopefully new year will bring good news for all of us!
Scorpio 9791 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio 9791 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:28pm

Wishing all you guys a very happy and funfilled new year..and lets hope the new year brings in good news for all of us who have been waiting patiently..

Don't drink too hard !!!!!Beer
indica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:37am

Hi everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I just celebrated it with my husband on the phone again!  Anyway, this will all be over soon for all of us so keep your spirits up.

Indica,
case file number is what you get from Canada when you sponsor your spouse.  File number is what your spouse gets when they start sponsoring their permanent residence application to come to Canada.

If I log in with my case number, I see both his and my information.  If I log in with his immigration file number, I see only his status.  I hope this helps.

Oooops,

Sorry Indica, I am not sure if I was answering your question; I was assuming you are talking about Client ID number given by Mississauga to person sponsoring spouse and Immigration File Number given by ND to process permanent residence to Canada.  Case File number I have not heard of.

Hi July09

This is what I was asking for. Members of this forum have mentioned the term "case file number" and so I wanted to clarify if "Client ID" and "case file number" were same. It is the same thing. Your answer does clarify my doubt. Thanx.
ND started processing Oct 6th 2009. PPR received on Feb 9th 2010. Visa received on Feb 23rd 2010. Landed Ca on March 9th!
indica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:38am
Originally posted by AGM AGM wrote:

Client ID Number

You will find this number on official documents issued to you from a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Client ID Number" has four numbers, a dash (-), and four more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000).

Immigration File Number

You will find this number on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your "Immigration File Number" starts with the letter "B", and is followed by nine numbers. (Example: B000000000).

AGM

Hi AGM

Thanx for the clarification.
ND started processing Oct 6th 2009. PPR received on Feb 9th 2010. Visa received on Feb 23rd 2010. Landed Ca on March 9th!
indica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:42am

Hi July09 and Sunilpatel,

I wanted to know that if we send an email enquiry which number do we need to mention as case reference. Will it be okay if I mention the Client ID i.e. 0000-0000 ? This is the only number that I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 204>
  Share Topic