Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question, please help..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorena76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question, please help..
    Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 11:45am
Hi everyone,

I have a question that concerns a friend of mine. (she has no computer skills haha)

Anyways, the situation is like this, she sponsor her husband 2years ago from central america, he landed last year but he did not include a daughter he has (15) from a previous relationship, don't know the exact reasons but now he wants her to come to canada, they visited an immigration consultant and he advise them not to do anything since his status can be in danger beacuse it would mean that he lied in his application, He consulted another one and she said that it can be done under humanitarian grounds...Her question is, do you guys think that is possible under humanitarian grounds???? or it could be that this new immigration consultant that her husband visited only was some cash??? plase advise..thank you
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 12:46pm
Did your husband list his daughter in his application - but didn't have her medically examined?

Or did he not mention her at all?
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
lorena76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorena76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 2:28pm
Is not my husband, but my friends situation, he did not list the girl at all...I don't know the reasons, I guess they never thought she would come to canada..
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 2:52pm
She is excluded, then, as a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored.  If she wants to come to Canada, she will have to try to immigrate under one of the other streams.  I don't know about H&C for something like this - it's a long shot, probably, and she'd have to get to Canada first before she could apply that way.  
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 8:23pm
If he never mentioned a child, he misrepresented himself on his application for PR. He could indeed be in trouble with CIC for this, he had to have declared her when applying for PR, even if she was never going to move here
lorena76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorena76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 9:00pm

thank you for your answers, my friend will give it a try and go ahead with the humanitarian application...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic