Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alternative for a China Citizen to visit Vancouver
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative for a China Citizen to visit Vancouver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeTWorKz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative for a China Citizen to visit Vancouver
    Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 11:37pm
Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm from Vancouver, BC and a really close friend of mine is from China and she wants to come visit me for a month in the Summer and I already have an idea of how hard it is for the Canadian government to grant a visitor visa for her. What would be the best way or the easiest way for the government to grant a visa? She told me that, a 19yo girl applying for a visitor visa ALONE, would be a 90% "NO", so is there a way to sway that percentage in my favor some how?

A bit of information: She decided to apply for 1 month of school in the Summer at either Vancouver or Seattle. The Seattle schedule just came out in China and it's about $100 000 RMB deposit and $40 000 RMB for a 25day stay in Seattle/LA/NYC, which is perfectly fine. We're assuming Canada has roughly the same schedule and price, so that's fine in terms of finances. The only downside to her applying for the school route for the month is that out of the 15 days/25 days in Seattle, 6 are already planned with the group and 3-5 are with their home-stay, so that leaves me with a few days..or just a few hours of seeing her...which sucks because she pretty much wants me to show her around and hang out with me instead of random people and I only get to see her once a year Sad

Is there a way for me to apply to be a home-stay and select her to come live with me for the 25days(if she applies for the Vancouver school route) or will it be totally random? Or is there a way I can put a chunk of money for a deposit, so in case she "runs away" the Canadian government can take it?

Is there a better alternative that I don't know about or haven't done yet?

What do you guys and girls think? Am I getting some information wrong?

I definitely appreciate ALL your comments, input and help! Thank You!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic