FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

visitor visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: visitor visa
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:47pm
Hi

Originally posted by jiya jiya wrote:

i have applied for immigration to canada in nov:2007 that has been acknowledged in feb 2008. but after my father's death i want to keep my mother with me as and when i will immigrate to canada. presently i am in pakistan. please help me out.

It won't happen. Once you are a PR of Canada, and meet the LICO from Canadian funds, you can sponsor your mother, but that will take close to 5 years. Isbad will probably not issue a TRV (visitor visa) for your mother to accompany you. It is really harsh, but CIC/CHC will probably suggest that if you wish to be with your mother, that you remain in Pakistan to look after her.

PMM
jiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:34pm
i have applied for immigration to canada in nov:2007 that has been acknowledged in feb 2008. but after my father's death i want to keep my mother with me as and when i will immigrate to canada. presently i am in pakistan. please help me out.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by jiya jiya wrote:

i just want to know that recently my father died and after my arrival to canada my mother will be alone, can i take my mother with me to canada. what is the procedure?

Are you a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident? If so then you can sponsor your mother.
jiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:08pm
i just want to know that recently my father died and after my arrival to canada my mother will be alone, can i take my mother with me to canada. what is the procedure?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 6:45pm
Hi,

I have just been reading another forum and it looks like you can sponsor your sister:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by rupy rupy wrote:

I WANT TO KNOW THAT I AM PRAGNANT,I NEED A CARETAKER,MY MOM IS HEART PATIENT,CAN I SPONSER MY ELDER SISTER AS A CARE TAKER

You can go through the process of hiring a caregiver.

http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lcpdir/lcpdir-4.shtml

Your sister has to have at least a year of paid experience as a nanny or caregiver or 6 months care giving training certificate. She must at least have the level of education equivalent to that of a secondary school graduate in Canada. She must be able to communicate in at least one of the official languages in Canada- French or English. Once you have an approved LMO you can send it to your sister and she can apply for a work permit under the Live in Care giver Program of Canada.

Edited by job_seeker - 27 Dec 2009 at 6:20pm
rupy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rupy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 5:42pm

I WANT TO KNOW THAT I AM PRAGNANT,I NEED A CARETAKER,MY MOM IS HEART PATIENT,CAN I SPONSER MY ELDER SISTER AS A CARE TAKER

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic