Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How long for AINP? (NEW PAGE)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 163>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:39am

Dear Manila pips,

I was just wondering if anyone came across any information regarding the DHL Fee that is charged when the Canadian Embassy returns applicant documents and passport with visa and COPR.
THREAD FOUNDER

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Edo-San
a_laine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_laine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
YAHOO!!! Finally I was able to log in! Nice to know all things are moving favorably to the applicants. Congrats to all!
prixit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prixit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 12:42pm
Hi all,thanks edo for starting a new thread, my time lines are sent file on sept 12 2008,recived file number in april,recived a letter from ainp on 15 sept regarding asking for additional docs,i also reacived the ;etter along regarding asking for the permission to give them the concent for giving my case to the third party within 15 days....sent all the docs on 17 nov .....can anybody tell me how long it will take now to get the nomination...and how long the third pary will take to review my case
Application sent sep 12 08
File number recvived apr 09
Additional docs requested sep09
Nomination recived 26 march 10
File sent to local consulate in india 1/May/10
Isherwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isherwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 6:30pm
Hey Edo-san!Tongue

A big hey also to Jayem and the rest of the AINP forumnites.

Edo-san , your last post regarding telling yourself that you are not coming back struck a chord in me. I'm still asking myself if this is really what I want.  Its so much more comfortable  living in Manila with friends, connections, relatives, the household help di ba? But like you I have braced myself for whatever kind of life awaits on that snowy prairie across the pacific. (I have claimed that I will be accepted a la- The Secret ha ha) I do wish we will have the opportunity to tell each other our stories when we get there.

Well, the important thing now is to buy bongga christmas presents for your relatives and friends Edo-san, as it may be the last Philippine christmas for you here.

Isherwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isherwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 7:33pm

Patience and Sandee,

I am also Calgary bound. Hope to see you there guys. Sandee and Patience, how's the employment climate out there now? 

Edo-san,
A question. In the AOR and medical advice letter, you were given a date which when it comes without you receiving a communication from them , you  ought to contact them already right? Did the PPR come before that date?

Hi Sandee,
Did Nic-noc receive further requests for documents after they submitted the original educ and work documents? Did the date in the AOR also come before or after the PPR arrived?

Hope you could enlighten me.  It would lessen my anxiety knowing the approximate time that I could get a response. Thanks in advance.
Rissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:35am
Prixit
I am on the same boat with you, i should have received the last of the documents from my sister this past week but they didn't arrive. Once i get them i hope things will move faster, check my signature.
ApplicationSept. 22,2008
File No.received April 2009
Info.requestedSept. 2009,March 2010
NominatnApril 23,2010
Medical req Nov 1
passprt submitted Jan 2011
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:47am
Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age at 30 years and get passport in 42 years with tears. Cry
edo-san View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:05am
Hi Isherwood,

I think the reason I said that is for motivation purposes only. I do agree that life is somuch more comfortable here. My job pays really well. I can travel anywhere whenever I want to. I can buy luxurious stuff. So I know what you mean. But here in Manila, I live independently also, I know what it is like to live alone and start over. Right now, I made sure that my options here remain open, to a  certain extent. No one knows, right?

At the end of the day, we know what we have here. There are no guarantees when we migrate to Canada, but I know that we Filipinos generally thrive to be good at what we do, and our determination will overcome any challenge that will come our way. Simply put, we are used to a "third world" environment and getting something better is a change we welcome.

On the Christmas Gifts, I will have to think about that...ha ha ha We already have a couple of huge gift boxes from Canada so I think that will do. LOL

Originally posted by Isherwood Isherwood wrote:

Hey Edo-san!Tongue

A big hey also to Jayem and the rest of the AINP forumnites.

Edo-san , your last post regarding telling yourself that you are not coming back struck a chord in me. I'm still asking myself if this is really what I want.  Its so much more comfortable  living in Manila with friends, connections, relatives, the household help di ba? But like you I have braced myself for whatever kind of life awaits on that snowy prairie across the pacific. (I have claimed that I will be accepted a la- The Secret ha ha) I do wish we will have the opportunity to tell each other our stories when we get there.

Well, the important thing now is to buy bongga christmas presents for your relatives and friends Edo-san, as it may be the last Philippine christmas for you here.

THREAD FOUNDER

"Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

Edo-San
edo-san View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:12am
Isherwood,

This is a funny story but the answer to your Q is YES, I did write them (email) and invoked that AOR note on contacting them directly after the quoted date when everyone else was getting their PPR except me and this is the reply:

"Our AOR letter specifically states that you may contact the embassy if
you have not received any instructions from us. However this does not
seem to be the case in your application as communication between our
office and you have been ongoing
."

This email came the day after the PPR. The PPR Letter was dated Nov. 19 but I got it via mail Nov. 25.

Lesson: That AOR date can only invoked if we did not get any communication whatsoever from the Embassy since our we got the AOR.

Originally posted by Isherwood Isherwood wrote:

Edo-san,
A question. In the AOR and medical advice letter, you were given a date which when it comes without you receiving a communication from them , you  ought to contact them already right? Did the PPR come before that?

Hope you could enlighten me.  It would lessen my anxiety knowing the approximate time that I could get a response. Thanks in advance.

Edited by edo-san - 07 Dec 2009 at 7:14am
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San
edo-san View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edo-san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:19am
Hi MOD,

For those who are still in the Application for Provincial Nominees [focus of this thread]the timeline varies depending on the scheme category of the province. The usual timeline for Approved Provincial Nominees  is usually 1 year max in the CIC Stage. In our category, the waiting time per step is usually 2-3 months.

Also new regulations have significantly made the process even faster.

Independent Immigration has a different timeline though.

Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

Dear All

Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age at 30 years and get passport in 42 years with tears. Cry

Edited by edo-san - 07 Dec 2009 at 7:23am
THREAD FOUNDER

Edo-San
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 163>
  Share Topic