Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR Status - Urgent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manpreet4875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR Status - Urgent
    Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 2:33am
Dear Friends
i first landed in Canada as a PR on 25th of Oct 2006 & came back on 17 th of Nov 2006. Stayed there 23 days.
Then again went Canada on 24th April 2009 & came back on 20th Jun, 2009. Stayed there 57 days. Total days stayed there are 80 days.
     Now as per PR obligation i need to stay there 730 days in 5 yrs. It means i need to live 650 days more(80 days already lived) till 25 th oct 2011. As on today 27 th dec 2009 i hv still 663 days left  (till 25 oct 2011)  against pending requirement of staying in Canada of 650 days.
    My query is this if i move to Canada in the coming 13 days, can Canadian immigration authorities stop me at the Port of entry
?
     SECOND QUESTION IS THIS,  THAT THOUGH I LANDED Ist TIME  as PR ON 25th OCT 2006, THE EXPIRY DATE ON MY PR CARD SHOULD BE 25th Oct 2011 exactly 5 yrs from the date of landing, but the expiry date written on my card is  13 NOV 2011. 
              So which date will be consiered to caculate the days for PR obligation i.e. 25 the oct 2011 or 13 nov 2011.
Pls reply, i will be thankful to u.
manpreet
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 4:31pm
It starts from the day you landed.

It is your responsibility to maintain PR status, the onus is on you, not CIC.

You can be proactive and check www.cic.gc.ca for ALL PR matters.
Your questions were answered on previous forum already, have you checked that for answers?
manpreet4875 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manpreet4875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 11:02pm
Dear Friends
      My question is this that I am having approx 13 days left to enter in Canada for fulfilling the PR requirement of 730 days in 5 years , so if i move within these 13 days, Can i face any problem at the port of Entry or i will be allowed to enter without any hurdle?
     Means officially Canadian immigration officer can stop me or not because i will be on the border line for PR obligation??

Pls make it clear to me , Help me...Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
manpreet
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 11:07pm
You'll be allowed to enter.....but you must declare on customs declaration form how long you've been away. CIC will ask you as well about how long you were away.
You better hurry and move to Canada ASAP if you want to save your PR status
calgarian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calgarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 11:55am

Bottom line: Obligation to keep residency is the responsibilty of the PR. As long you have a valid PR, they will allow you to enter. But the problem came when you will apply for renewal of PR card and if you are not physically presence in CANADA for required number of days. They will cancel your PR status. The Imigration officer will inform you at the border if you not complying with the obligation but will not stop you from entering.

mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:54am
Happy new year to all in advance
manpreet4875 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manpreet4875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 3:43am
For calculating no. of days stayed in Canada,   the date i board from Canada & the date i land in Canada,  are both

days taken as i present there means will be included in the 730 days obligation ???

Pls reply

manpreet
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2010 at 2:15pm
The simple way to figure days is - where did you sleep that night?
The day you left Canada would not count - the day you come back to Canada would count
You're seriously putting your PR into jeopardy by cutting things so tightly
What are you going to do if you have a family emergency & have to leave the country? You can then kiss your PR good bye

Originally posted by manpreet4875 manpreet4875 wrote:

For calculating no. of days stayed in Canada,   the date i board from Canada & the date i land in Canada,  are both

days taken as i present there means will be included in the 730 days obligation ???

Pls reply

Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic